IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What Brzezinski Told The Senate

grizz
post Feb 2 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #1

aka Oceans Flow

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 108

A political bombshell from Zbigniew Brzezinski

Ex-national security adviser warns that Bush is seeking a pretext to attack Iran

By Barry Grey in Washington DC
2 February 2007

Testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Thursday, Zbigniew Brzezinski, the national security adviser in the Carter administration, delivered a scathing critique of the war in Iraq and warned that the Bush administration’s policy was leading inevitably to a war with Iran, with incalculable consequences for US imperialism in the Middle East and internationally.

Brzezinski, who opposed the March 2003 invasion and has publicly denounced the war as a colossal foreign policy blunder, began his remarks on what he called the “war of choice” in Iraq by characterizing it as “a historic, strategic and moral calamity.”

“Undertaken under false assumptions,” he continued, “it is undermining America’s global legitimacy. Its collateral civilian casualties as well as some abuses are tarnishing America’s moral credentials. Driven by Manichean principles and imperial hubris, it is intensifying regional instability.”

Brzezinski derided Bush’s talk of a “decisive ideological struggle” against radical Islam as “simplistic and demagogic,” and called it a “mythical historical narrative” employed to justify a “protracted and potentially expanding war.”

“To argue that America is already at war in the region with a wider Islamic threat, of which Iran is the epicenter, is to promote a self-fulfilling prophecy,” he said.

Most stunning and disturbing was his description of a “plausible scenario for a military collision with Iran.” It would, he suggested, involve “Iraqi failure to meet the benchmarks, followed by accusations of Iranian responsibility for the failure, then by some provocation in Iraq or a terrorist act in the US blamed on Iran, culminating in a ‘defensive’ US military action against Iran that plunges a lonely America into a spreading and deepening quagmire eventually ranging across Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan.” [Emphasis added].

This was an unmistakable warning to the US Congress, replete with quotation marks to discount the “defensive” nature of such military action, that the Bush administration is seeking a pretext for an attack on Iran. Although he did not explicitly say so, Brzezinski came close to suggesting that the White House was capable of manufacturing a provocation—including a possible terrorist attack within the US—to provide the casus belli for war.

That a man such as Brzezinski, with decades of experience in the top echelons of the US foreign policy establishment, a man who has the closest links to the military and to intelligence agencies, should issue such a warning at an open hearing of the US Senate has immense and grave significance.

Brzezinski knows whereof he speaks, having authored provocations of his own while serving as Jimmy Carter’s national security adviser. In that capacity, as he has since acknowledged in published writings, he drew up the covert plan at the end of the 1970s to mobilize Islamic fundamentalist mujaheddin to topple the pro-Soviet regime in Afghanistan and draw the Soviet Union into a ruinous war in that country.

Following his opening remarks, in response to questions from the senators, Brzezinski reiterated his warning of a provocation.

He called the senators’ attention to a March 27, 2006 report in the New York Times on “a private meeting between the president and Prime Minister Blair, two months before the war, based on a memorandum prepared by the British official present at this meeting.” In the article, Brzezinski said, “the president is cited as saying he is concerned that there may not be weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq, and that there must be some consideration given to finding a different basis for undertaking the action.”

He continued: “I’ll just read you what this memo allegedly says, according to the New York Times: ‘The memo states that the president and the prime minister acknowledged that no unconventional weapons had been found inside Iraq. Faced with the possibility of not finding any before the planned invasion, Mr. Bush talked about several ways to provoke a confrontation.’

“He described the several ways in which this could be done. I won’t go into that... the ways were quite sensational, at least one of them.

“If one is of the view that one is dealing with an implacable enemy that has to be removed, that course of action may under certain circumstances be appealing. I’m afraid that if this situation in Iraq continues to deteriorate, and if Iran is perceived as in some fashion involved or responsible, or a potential beneficiary, that temptation could arise.”

At another point Brzezinski remarked on the conspiratorial methods of the Bush administration and all but described it as a cabal. “I am perplexed,” he said, “by the fact that major strategic decisions seem to be made within a very narrow circle of individuals—just a few, probably a handful, perhaps not more than the fingers on my hand. And these are the individuals, all of whom but one, who made the original decision to go to war, and used the original justifications to go to war.”

None of the senators in attendance addressed themselves to the stark warning from Brzezinski. The Democrats in particular, flaccid, complacent and complicit in the war conspiracies of the Bush administration, said nothing about the danger of a provocation spelled out by the witness.

Following the hearing, this reporter asked Brzezinski directly if he was suggesting that the source of a possible provocation might be the US government itself. The former national security adviser was evasive.

The following exchange took place:

Q: Dr. Brzezinski, who do you think would be carrying out this possible provocation?

A: I have no idea. As I said, these things can never be predicted. It can be spontaneous.

Q: Are you suggesting there is a possibility it could originate within the US government itself?

A: I’m saying the whole situation can get out of hand and all sorts of calculations can produce a circumstance that would be very difficult to trace.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/feb2007/brze-f02.shtml
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UnderTow
post Feb 2 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 19

With just a great speach, it's too bad at the final step he didn't just come right out and damn say it

Q: Are you suggesting there is a possibility it could originate within the US government itself?

A: I’m saying the whole situation can get out of hand and all sorts of calculations can produce a circumstance that would be very difficult to trace.

This is just like our problem. We have the pieces, but tracing thier orgins, exposing them for the public, and making it stick is "very difficult".

But I almost would have just preferred the real answer instead.

As long as information is hidden, it is always very difficult.

+Quote Post
grizz
post Feb 2 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #3

aka Oceans Flow

Here's the full text.

http://www.commonwealmagazine.org/blog/pos...kis-showstopper

+Quote Post
painter
post Feb 2 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #4

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

Member No.: 16

Well, there you have it.

My interpretation of this is what I said in reply to George Hayduke in a different thread:
QUOTE (painter @ Feb 2 2007, 11:10 AM)
. . . a more powerful faction of the establishment CAN and has been known to sacrifice a less powerful faction in order to sustain its preeminence. In a completely chaotic situation, the dominant faction can even be overthrown by previously less powerful factions.

They may be getting ready to sacrafice Bush and the Neocons who run him.

But they are going to try and contain the fire by isolating it AWAY FROM 9/11.

They may not be able to do this, however, and Brazinsky has planted the seeds right here in this speech.

Amazing.

This COULD get VERY interesting.

I recommend breaking out the popcorn gang!

popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif

+Quote Post
jo56
post Feb 2 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 321

Yep, they will squeal on anyone when their own head is on the block.

Amazing! While I'm glad he has FINALLY said something (when forced to) it is still not a noble act because here again its always about what is good for them, nothing more.

Or do you think, due to his age, that he finally found his voice and conscience?
Many more need to do the same, and have the GUTS to tell the truth and not hem haw around.

This post has been edited by jo56: Feb 2 2007, 04:25 PM

+Quote Post
grizz
post Feb 2 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #6

aka Oceans Flow

I think it was preemptive. The big boys, who are pissed that Bush is ignoring them, have prevented the fake attack and war that they don't want by revealing it, to the Senate no less.

+Quote Post
painter
post Feb 2 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #7

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

QUOTE (Oceans Flow @ Feb 2 2007, 12:30 PM)
I think it was preemptive. The big boys, who are pissed that Bush is ignoring them, have prevented the fake attack and war that they don't want by revealing it, to the Senate no less.

It is a shot across the bow at the very least, OF.

+Quote Post
StevenDC
post Feb 2 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #8

Nitpick

Member No.: 374

QUOTE (Oceans Flow @ Feb 2 2007, 03:30 PM)
I think it was preemptive.

Nothing brightens my day more than a freakin educated conspiracy theorist.. Oceans, you rock.

We need to keep track of the responses we receive from our 15th mailing. This will bring out those that are complacent or complicit.

Just had a thought, wonder if the Rock Creek Free Press would print a compilation of our findings??

We can break them into 3 groups; the good, the bad, and the ugly.
(with us, complacent, and complicit.)

+Quote Post
Carl Bank
post Feb 2 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 121

Quite a bit off-topic, but i cannot resist to let you
know this about Zbigniew Brzezinski:

Renata, a girlfriend of mine, is from Poland and I asked
her recently, how the Polish name "Zbigniew Brzezinski"
is pronounced correctly.

She tried to teach me, but after 10 attempts of
pronouncing it correctly, I gave up.
Unbelievable complicated. Even for me who is 60 miles away from Poland.

Don't try it for yourselve.
You will never say 'Zbigniew Brzezinski' that sexy like Renata does.

in love with Zbigniew Brzezinski now: Carl

+Quote Post
Cary
post Feb 2 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #10

Ragin Cajun

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (StevenDC @ Feb 2 2007, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (Oceans Flow @ Feb 2 2007, 03:30 PM)
I think it was preemptive.

Nothing brightens my day more than a freakin educated conspiracy theorist.. Oceans, you rock.

We need to keep track of the responses we receive from our 15th mailing. This will bring out those that are complacent or complicit.

Just had a thought, wonder if the Rock Creek Free Press would print a compilation of our findings??

We can break them into 3 groups; the good, the bad, and the ugly.
(with us, complacent, and complicit.)

Sounds like THE plan, not just A plan, but THE plan. (take off from the movie "Cadilac Man" with Robin Williams and Tim Robbins).

Carl Bank, ain't you married dude? LOL But then again, east European women.

+Quote Post
jo56
post Feb 2 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #11

Someone should write an article for the Rockpress. They have a place you can submit one on their page.

+Quote Post
mo fiya
post Feb 2 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 104

wow.

i know we always try to find the conspiratorial aspect of everything we see...and we all know Brzezinski isn't exactly Ghandi, but when a guy like him speaks to the US SENATE, of all places, and says things like THIS...how can we not feel a little elated?

i mean, we all sit here and talk all day about how we wish people in extremely high places would just come out and blow the whistle, and then when one actually DOES, we start questioning their motivations. we aren't going to defeat the elite TOMORROW, but it's very possible that we could get our 9/11 investigation in the near future...we need to just take what we can get as it comes.

whether its for a greater purpose from the elite or not, it still goes a long way to helping us get what we want. They're not as powerful as they may seem...let's not forget about the fact that no matter how powerful they may seem, they still hide behind scapegoats and disinformative world leaders and media outlets because they're SCARED...they're scared of what might happen if a couple million people were pissed off enough to come after them.

they're pussies. and they always will be. they're the nerds that always got made fun of in school and never had a real friend or family member that TRUELY CARED ABOUT THEM.

can they be beaten?

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT THEY CAN.

This post has been edited by mo fiya: Feb 2 2007, 07:12 PM

+Quote Post
painter
post Feb 2 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #13

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

@ Carl:

I'm wondering if you or your woman friend could translate this for us:

Zbigniew Brzezi?ski twórc? Al-Quaidy. Udzia?y Busha i Ben Ladena w Carlyle'u
Usilnie wmawiane opinii publicznej k?amstwo (a i casus belli zarazem!) o zwi?zkach Ben Ladena z Husseinem ka?e przypomnie? o istnieniu jedynego takiego "??cznika", ameryka?skiego zreszt?: obydwaj byli wspierani latami przez CIA i rz?d USA, m.in.równie? za po?rednictwem obecnego "konsula" Iraku, Paula Bremera, bliskiego wspó?pracownika H.Kissingera (Iraq-gate), notorycznego zbrodniarza wojennego z Kambod?y, Timoru Wsch., Chile, Afryki, Iraku, itd., maj?cego do 1938r. kontakty z Hitler-
jugend, a po wojnie poprzez akcj? Paperclip (?ci?gania zbrodniarzy nazistowskich do USA) - z SS.

Re?im Husajna nie mia? ?adnych zwi?zków z Al-Qaid? i Ben Ladenem, o czym ?wietnie wiedzia?y agencje wywiadowcze, natomiast zwi?zki takowe posiada? G.Bush i Bush senior poprzez m.in. firm? Carlyle, Harken i.in, poprzez pakista?skie s?u?by specjalne ISI (Mohamed Atta), wspó?pracuj?ce blisko od wielu lat z CIA oraz szkolone w Afganistanie pod egid? Brzezi?skiego oddzia?y mud?ahedinów.

Nie ma rodziny w USA, która mia?aby bli?sze powi?zania i na tak wielk? skal? prowadzi?a nielegalne transakcje hadlowe z rodzin? Ben Ladena. Rodziny Busha i Ben Ladena prowadzi?y transakcje m.in. w Carlyle'u (private equity fund) - tzw."klubie by?ych prezydentów". Carlyle Group (private equity fund) jest g?ównym inwestorem AeroSpace Defense oraz jednym z najwi?kszych na ?wiecie po?rednikiem koncernów zbrojeniowych i petrochemicznych. Jej udzia?owcem by? do niedawna Ben Laden. O' Neill z Wydzia?u ds terroryzmu FBI, który szykowa? w tej sprawie proces przeciw Bushowi sen. i jun. zgin?? 11.9. w ataku na WTC. Opieraj?c si? na b. solidnej dokumentacji prof. ekonomii M. Choussodovsky z Kanady twierdzi nawet, ?e atak na WTC by? najprawdopodobniej "zlecony"; Mohamed Atta, szef komórki pakista?skiego wywiadu wojskowego ISI, ?ci?le wspó?pracuj?cego wiele lat z CIA, doskonale by? znany FBI i s?u?bom wywiadowczym USA. Brzezi?ski pod egid? Bia?ego Domu, CIA oraz ISI wspó?kreowa? i dozbraja? Al-Qaid? oraz afga?skich talibów.

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Feb 3 2007, 03:48 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

This is truly odd. Brzezinski wrote this in 97 -

"In that context, how America 'manages' Eurasia is critical. Eurasia is the globe's largest continent and is geopolitically axial. A power that dominates Eurasia would control two of the world's three most advanced and economically productive regions. A mere glance at the map also suggests that control over Eurasia would almost automatically entail Africa's subordination, rendering the Western Hemisphere and Oceania geopolitically peripheral to the world's central continent. About 75 per cent of the world's people live in Eurasia, and most of the world's physical wealth is there as well, both in its enterprises and underneath its soil. Eurasia accounts for 60 per cent of the world's GNP and about three-fourths of the world's known energy resources."

“It is also a fact that America is too democratic at home to be autocratic abroad. This limits the use of America's power, especially its capacity for military intimidation. Never before has a populist democracy attained international supremacy. But the pursuit of power is not a goal that commands popular passion, except in conditions of a sudden threat or challenge to the public's sense of domestic well-being. The economic self-denial (that is, defense spending) and the human sacrifice (casualties, even among professional soldiers) required in the effort are uncongenial to democratic instincts. Democracy is inimical to imperial mobilization."

..."Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multi-cultural society, it may find it more difficult to fashion a consensus on foreign policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and widely perceived direct external threat."

As you can see, some of it reads like the PNAC Rebuilding America's Defences document. Brzezinski's practically warning the US that if they don't get into Eurasia and establish hegemony, they're going to lose their prominance as a super power not to mention the oil and gas in Persia and Central Asia ... then he does this. Very odd indeed.

They've gotta be planning to clip the Bush team's wings. Or maybe Iraq and Israel's invasion of Lebanon went so badly, and US forces are already stretched so thin with most of the country and Congress wanting to get out of Iraq now, that Brzezinski and Rockefeller have decided that invading Iran now would be disasterous and are trying to stop it. This is so very strange - one would think there would be channels other than the US Senate for them to get the message across to Bush, Cheney and the neocons to stop ... so you can then surmise that the Bush crowd aren't heeding the advice, which prompted Brzezinski to do this. (?)

I'm just guessing...

Popcorn is right ! popcorn.gif

+Quote Post
Carl Bank
post Feb 3 2007, 04:59 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 121

QUOTE (painter @ Feb 2 2007, 11:35 PM)
@ Carl:

I'm wondering if you or your woman friend could translate this for us:

Zbigniew Brzezi?ski twórc? ...

I called her this morning and will meet her tonite.
She will translate it.

Asked her again about the pronouncation:

In english it must be pronounced something like

Speak-eenjev Burrs-jinsky

Btw.:

ZB already questioned the US admin & the war in this interview
from 9/12/2006, posted here:

SPIEGEL INTERVIEW WITH ZBIGNIEW BRZEZINSKI (9/12/06)
"Victory Would be a Fata Morgana"

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum...showtopic=1852

Carl

This post has been edited by Carl Bank: Feb 3 2007, 05:19 AM

+Quote Post
p.w.rapp
post Feb 3 2007, 06:03 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 110

Just chiming in here for the 2nd time -

- some of you seem to start embracing ZB blink.gif nonono.gif

If HE isn't and hasn't always been one of the kings of the Empire, who has!!!

Can anybody give me one reason, why I shouldn't asume that his latest statements against Bush are not part of the master plan???
I'll go and look for the post where I said long time ago (back on the old LC-Fourm), that they will get rid of Bush, blame him for as much as inevitable and continue to cover up the rest.

The only thing I can 100% agree with on this thread is Carl's preference for Slavic women smile.gif
*knows what he's talking about*
Zap

+Quote Post
StevenDC
post Feb 3 2007, 08:56 AM
Post #17

Nitpick

before we run any further with this, just had a thought: we need to get the actual transcripts from the Senate hearing. I won't quote these papers if there is no need and if there are no transcripts I have trouble with the story...

Found it: http://www.senate.gov/~foreign/testimony/2...imony070201.pdf

on first glance, it doesn't seem to match up perfect with the paper's quote..

Ahh, it seems that the only statements are those provided to the committee? What happened to the reporter transcribing each word? This is posted in small type at the bottom of the page: "Witness names in blue are links to the statement given.
Statements are only posted if provided electronically by witness."

NO full transcripts given..

But, the full video is there. Click on Session 2 and go to the 1 hour 37 minute mark for the beginning of his testimony. It gets really good at the 2 hour 7 minute mark.
The quotes from the paper are good.
Does anyone else have a problem with EXTREMELY low volume on the video??

This post has been edited by StevenDC: Feb 3 2007, 10:49 AM

+Quote Post
jo56
post Feb 3 2007, 10:21 AM
Post #18

A pdf file of his remarks:

http://www.senate.gov/~foreign/testimony/2...imony070201.pdf

After seeing this report, if our CONGRESS doesn't step up to the plate and start doing what this guy recommends (should have done it long ago) then we will know every last one of them is COMPLICIT with what is going on.

A NO vote on this is NOT ACCEPTABLE by this committee.

Personally, I'm appalled it takes this guys testimony for these Congressmen to see the truth. They should have seen this long ago.

And they call themselves leaders? Leaders do their homework and are PREVENTIVE, they don't only FIX things after they've gotten so bad they're forced into it.

dunno.gif

This post has been edited by jo56: Feb 3 2007, 10:44 AM

+Quote Post
StevenDC
post Feb 3 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #19

Nitpick

I am so pissed, he is warning of another terrorist attack, A Self-imposed attack, ALL the news media was in the room when he did this, and all they are reporting on is Puppies and Rainbows.... DAMNIT wall.gif

This post has been edited by StevenDC: Feb 3 2007, 11:07 AM

+Quote Post
jo56
post Feb 3 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #20

PROOF that our MEDIA and every last one of them in Washington are COMPLICIT in what is happening.

These SOLDIERS are dying for no reason. Why don't the families of these men and women SEE THIS? It is unbelievable that people could allow themselves to be soooooooooooo deceived????

These SOLDIERS are going to have to stand up for themselves, as this is a case to invoke the NUREMBERG PRINCIPLES as a soldier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Principles

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 07:49 AM