IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
'It's been a loss of a lifetime', Comfort Inn Manager-surveillance video

driver
post Aug 29 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Banned
Member No.: 29

'It's been a loss of a lifetime'

http://www.mainetoday.com/

Excerpts:

Laura R. Wale was general manager of this Comfort Inn in South Portland where two terrorists stayed before they flew an airliner into the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. Since then she has lost her job and suffered an emotional breakdown.

Then on Sept. 10, 2001, at 5:43 p.m., terrorist mastermind Mohamed Atta and a companion, Abdulaziz Alomari, checked into the hotel she managed. Twelve hours later, they left for the Portland International Jetport to strike the World Trade Center and change the world.

"Nobody has really told the story about what it was like to be on the inside," said Wale, a gravelly-voiced woman of 38, with a thin, determined mouth. "That's the story and there's a whole lot of people like me who don't know what to do."

At turns, she sounds impatient and agitated. Her story veers off into conspiracy theories.

How did government agents know to storm the Comfort Inn only hours after the Twin Towers fell? Why did the FBI release surveillance video of Atta and Alomari at various locations in South Portland, but not the lobby of the Comfort Inn?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Aug 29 2006, 09:41 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (driver @ Aug 29 2006, 08:19 PM)

Excerpts:

Laura R. Wale was general manager of this Comfort Inn in South Portland where two terrorists stayed before they flew an airliner into the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. Since then she has lost her job and suffered an emotional breakdown.

Then on Sept. 10, 2001, at 5:43 p.m., terrorist mastermind Mohamed Atta and a companion, Abdulaziz Alomari, checked into the hotel she managed. Twelve hours later, they left for the Portland International Jetport to strike the World Trade Center and change the world.

"Nobody has really told the story about what it was like to be on the inside," said Wale, a gravelly-voiced woman of 38, with a thin, determined mouth. "That's the story and there's a whole lot of people like me who don't know what to do."

At turns, she sounds impatient and agitated. Her story veers off into conspiracy theories.

How did government agents know to storm the Comfort Inn only hours after the Twin Towers fell? Why did the FBI release surveillance video of Atta and Alomari at various locations in South Portland, but not the lobby of the Comfort Inn?

Fix your link please

+Quote Post
Slick
post Aug 29 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #3

Life Is A Paradox

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 31

http://www.mainetoday.com/9-11/2003/030909...ml?show_results

+Quote Post
Lights
post Oct 29 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #4

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 150

QUOTE (driver @ Aug 30 2006, 12:19 AM)

Excerpts:

Yeah, now that is a good question: how DID the government know to storm the Comfort Inn...and why should people who were only employess and in no way tied to any plot suffer? This is horrible what has happened to this woman, first being hassled by the government, then being shafted by her company and then suffereing a nervous breakdown dunno.gif . My heart truly goes out to her.

This post has been edited by Lights: Oct 29 2006, 12:24 AM

+Quote Post
JackD
post Dec 12 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #5

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 238

see my post on AA11 --- Michael Woodward of American Airlines punched up the seat locations of the alleged hijackers provided by Amy Sweeney's phone call.

the seat locations thus gave names of Atta, abdulaziz alomari and Alsaqami.

it is possible that the FBI could use this information quickly enough to trace a hotel lreservation if made by credit card. still, the speed of the evidence collection is fishy. they also went to Florida flight schools to round up documents pretty damn fast. almost like they knew who to look for...

http://www.sept112001.org/news_gail_addendum1.jsp

+Quote Post
SwingDangler
post Mar 15 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 711

QUOTE (JackD @ Dec 12 2006, 06:27 PM)
see my post on AA11 --- Michael Woodward of American Airlines punched up the seat locations of the alleged hijackers provided by Amy Sweeney's phone call.

it is possible that the FBI could use this information quickly enough to trace a hotel lreservation if made by credit card. still, the speed of the evidence collection is fishy. they also went to Florida flight schools to round up documents pretty damn fast. almost like they knew who to look for...

This is true about finding reservations and names. The FBI did this while doing a background check for a friend in the Army who was due for a security clearance upgrade. He used cash and no credit cards but he did use his name on the reservation in the hotel computers.

+Quote Post
paranoia
post Mar 15 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #7

dig deeper
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 96

i dont think ms.wale had an emotional breakdown. i think she knew information the feds did not want exposed, so she was targetted. the article itself is a "hit piece" but its done with such subtlety that its easy to miss it:

Long after the FBI and reporters left her hotel, she became fixated on understanding what happened on Sept. 11, and pulled all-nighters conducting research on the Internet.

what conspiracy theories? isnt likely that the internet exposed her to all the doubt and suspicion that was shed on the official story? its possible having realized that something wasnt right, she began to conduct her own investigation and research?

In the past two years she has gone from corporate darling to persona non grata, banned from the hotel she ran for about seven years for allegedly threatening to hurt an employee.

why would she threaten an employee? how does any of this relate to her experiences with the "hijackers"? i think the "threats" they allege are actually part of the set-up to get rid of her. if you read the article closely, you see that she had access to certain records of atta's. perhpas she had returned to the hotel seeking further documents and was obstructed by persons there with whom she became confrontational. so she was charged with tresspassing and prohibited from any futher access to the hotel or the evidence she may have been seeking.

another part of the story reveals that she was in maryland to discuss her concerns with the coporate suits of the comfort inn coportation. at some point in her visit, she ended up in washington dc, and after a speeding ticket, she was admitted for psychiatric evaluation. but read closely what she claimed:

"Wale had been stopped for speeding, according to Tucker and hospital reports, and told police that she had been trying to get away from government agents."

who's to say they werent after her? it is very possible that she held (and still holds) damning information about certain "inconsistencies" about atta & co. that she was personally privy to, and that as a result she became targetted for discredit and silencing.

the net result (and intent imo) of the article is to discredit ms.wale, based on the premise that she sufferred so much stress that she is now a kook. when i read the article it felt like i was missing something. i didnt understand how this poor lady went from what should be a random witness to these "hijackers", to a person ousted from her job, and then to a person who needed psychiatric help. its not like she had some sort of in-depth relation to these arabs, nor that she was in ANY position to have stopped them, so again, why she "broke down" was quite a mystery to me. reading further it became apparent: the piece is pretending to sympathize with ms.wale, while it underhandedly attempts to paint her as unreliable due to the massive stresses placed upon her. but it does not fully tell whatever it is that ms.wale was really afraid of, though it pretends to.

...i wanted to help shed some light on this sort of suppressive method. i am fairly certain ms.wale is a victim of just this sort of tactic, and while my heart goes out to her, i dont think the article was doing her any favors.

i also get the sense that ms.wale has been scared silent permanently. whatever they used to leverage her could include a perpetual fear of reprisal so she may never reveal what she knows. BUT if any of you researchers out there are curious/sympathetic enough to her plight, maybe you could reach out to her and find out her REAL story.

update feb2011 - the original link isdead, the full original article not available (even at waybackarchive), but the following excerpt came from here (looks almost complete but was snipped once):

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discu...ddress=125x2327
http://www.pressherald.com/news/local/030909911series.shtml (dead/unavailable)
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.pr...911series.shtml (all dead or article absent)

By JOSIE HUANG, Portland Press Herald Writer

Copyright © 2003 Blethen Maine Newspapers Inc.
E-mail this story to a friend

Staff photo by Fred J. Field

Laura Wale says her life was good. Maybe too good.

As general manager of the Comfort Inn in South Portland, she was a popular supervisor and savvy moneymaker for the hotel chain. She bought a three-bedroom house in Portland on her $70,000-plus annual salary and took regular trips to Las Vegas with her partner.

Two years after the attack, Wale has become one of the terrorists' most unlikely victims. She never met Atta or Alomari. But she believes her connection to 9/11 and the stress of dealing with federal investigators, the national media and her company sent her life into a tailspin.

<snip>

What, she wonders, is on that tape?

A fastidious record-keeper, she produces documentation of her falling out with the Silver Spring, Md.-based Sunburst Hospitality Corp., which runs the Comfort Inn hotel chain, including a photocopy of the criminal trespass notice.

Sunburst's executive vice president and chief operating officer, Kevin Hanley, refused to comment for this story.

But in a Sept. 25, 2001, letter he commended Wale and her staff for their "unparalleled professionalism" after Sept. 11. He reserved special praise for Wale, passing on a compliment from an FBI agent.

<snip>

The constant pressure was beginning to wear her down.

Wale said it upset her that she needed to be tested for anthrax because she had been one of the first people to enter the terrorists' hotel room after the attacks.

But perhaps the biggest blow came when she discovered on Sept. 26 that the federal government had cited her in court records in its case against the alleged 20th hijacker, Zacarias Moussaoui. As the Comfort Inn's general manager, she was the custodian of hotel records being used as government exhibits.

"What does anything they acquire from my hotel on 9/11 have to do with him or (what do) I have to do with it?" she asked.

A spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, where Moussaoui is facing trial for conspiracy to murder, would not comment on the case.

see also:

Former congressional aide ruled unfit for trial
Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:09pm EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A former aide in the U.S. Congress charged with giving secret information to Iraqi intelligence agents is mentally incompetent to stand trial, a federal judge has ruled.

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=13552
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.p...&p=10771154

This post has been edited by paranoia: Jun 16 2011, 01:15 AM

+Quote Post
onesliceshort
post Jun 27 2011, 10:33 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4,095

"Nobody has really told the story about what it was like to be on the inside," said Wale, a gravelly-voiced woman of 38, with a thin, determined mouth.

Yea, I see what you mean P. When have the MSM ever used a stone cold surname when talking to someone they sympathize with? And that one line is a negative caricature almost aimed at repelling the reader from what she has to say.

Nice break down. thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
zoeken
post Jun 27 2011, 12:57 PM
Post #9

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 5,884

full article?

http://ssristories.com/show.php?item=424

+Quote Post
paranoia
post Jun 27 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #10

dig deeper
Group Icon

slice - wow! i hadnt caught that uber-subtle characterization - the article is even more subversive than i thought. good eye mate.

zoeken - thanks for the link, i'd been looking high and low for it - so im much obliged. NOTE BTW - that the site that saved that article - is a mental health site!

btw - i was doing more digging into wale's story and came across some good research and insights by johndoeII here:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_F...showtopic=11367

-he covers the big picture (worth a look) but here are the parts about wale:

Time unknown: “Comfort Inn manager Laura Wale said that she recalled nothing unusual about Atta and Alomari and that she didn't believe they had any visitors in their hotel room.”
(New York Post, 10/5/01)

Comment: The journalist speaking to Laura Wale two years later stressed that Wale didn’t see the hijackers personally. (Portland Press Herald, 9/9/03) Is this believable in view of above mentioned quote?

Time unknown: “The two officers spent four hours looking at every one of the 700 or so cars in the parking garage.”
(Portland Press Herald, 9/16/01)

7:00 p.m.: Laura Wale, manage of Comfort Inn “got a phone call from the hotel. An FBI agent was on the other line.
“Your hotel has had direct involvement in 9/11. We need you to come in,” the agent told her, according to Wale.”
(Portland Press Herald, 9/9/03)

Comment: So the very first object of interest on 911 is not Atta’s apartment nor Bukhari’s but the Comfort Inn in Portland.
Why is the FBI agent so sure (while even the press accounts were cautious at the beginning)?

Laura Wale has some interesting questions:
“Her story veers off into conspiracy theories.
What, she wonders, is on that tape?

Comment: Hearing theses questions one seriously doubts the journalist who states “She never met Atta or Alomari.” (Portland Press Herald, 9/9/03).

“She also made sure to keep photocopies of Atta’s hotel receipt and an inventory of items the FBI took out of his hotel room.”

Comment: Why?
Laura Wale’s behaviour seems to imply that there have been two guys who reserved room 233 but that physically they are different from September 14 photos and apparently something is wrong with their name as well. Otherwise why does she mention that she kept the photocopy of the hotel receipt?
She seems to imply that Atta and Al Omari didn’t stay at her hotel. But why does she not say it straight forward? Fear? But then why does she implies it?
Comment: After the FBI praised her for her help Wale got problems.
“But perhaps the biggest blow came when she discovered on Sept. 26 that the federal government had cited her in court records in its case against the alleged 20th hijacker, Zacarias Moussaoui.”
Wale’s lost her job and ended up having a nervous break down and was hospitalised.

9:00 p.m.: “Portland's link in the macabre chain of events began to emerge Tuesday night, as federal investigators compared the passenger manifests of the hijacked jets with those of connecting flights coming into Boston. (…) Investigators matched two names from American Flight 11 and a US Airways flight that left Portland on Tuesday at 5:45 a.m.
State police arrived at the Comfort Inn on Maine Mall Road in South Portland about 9 p.m.”
(Portland Press Herald, 9/13/01)

Night: “The Dumpster needed to be moved,” she (Laura Wale) said. “The picture of (Atta’s) shirt on the FBI Web site? They pulled that out of our Dumpster at the Comfort Inn.”

Comment: How strange after Atta was easily recognizable thanks to this shirt (and thus allowed the FBI to follow his traces in Portland) he throws it into a dumpster before leaving. Looks once again like assuring one’s traces are found!

+Quote Post
DoYouEverWonder
post Jun 27 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 4,096

QUOTE (JackD @ Dec 12 2006, 06:27 PM) *

Especially considering they haven't uncover anything new since.

Long after the FBI and reporters left her hotel, she became fixated on understanding what happened on Sept. 11, and pulled all-nighters conducting research on the Internet.

Wonder what her screen name is?

This post has been edited by DoYouEverWonder: Jun 27 2011, 03:32 PM

+Quote Post
Obwon
post Jun 28 2011, 10:43 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 4,712

QUOTE (JackD @ Dec 12 2006, 06:27 PM) *

Then there's this:
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.p...&p=10796194

Obwon

+Quote Post
9/11 Justice Now
post Jun 28 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 3,289

This is exactly why we need a new 9/11 investigation to figure out exactly what the hell was going on, maybe the FBI
where so desperate to get to the hotel and seize certain documents that may have contained the names of different men
staying at the hotel, maybe they where desperate to shut her up and hide the documents before the information could
be released and blow everything out of the water. I have no idea what the hell is really going on here but it doesnt look
good as far the OCT is concerned, but thats good because the more inconsistencies we find the more chances the OCT
has of being blown into to tiny chunks. I still want the whole 911 truth and i dont have it which is just very frustrating,
i feel as though we may never uncover the whole truth about it, and if find that prospect very daunting and down right
dissapointing and depressing, but with more information like this coming out we have a better chance, if we can find
enough holes in the OCT maybe we will finally be able to see the truth through the holes on the other side, if you know
what i mean, and i fear it will be a very dark & disturbing truth, a certain truth which many people as we know simply do
not want to see or accept for the dark implications it holds.

This is very good info, cheers thanks for the link.

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
Obwon
post Jun 28 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 4,712

QUOTE (9/11 Justice Now @ Jun 28 2011, 10:11 AM) *
This is exactly why we need a new 9/11 investigation to figure out exactly what the hell was going on,

<snips>

This is very good info, cheers thanks for the link.

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Thanks! Every once in a while I hit the nail head...
Instead of my thumb! laughing1.gif

Obwon

+Quote Post
zoeken
post Jun 28 2011, 08:10 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 5,884

Has anybody been able to find a picture of her? Or, if she is still alive?

I cannot find anything.

+Quote Post
paranoia
post Jun 28 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #16

dig deeper
Group Icon

i dont wanna infringe on her privacy so i wont post the link, but if you google her name (middle initial included), her facebook page is part of the first ten results. her wall is public and she has posted in that last 24 hours, so it appears that she is alive (barring the remote possibility that she's actually "gone" and someone is running some sort of a charrade)...

+Quote Post
FreshKills
post Apr 17 2014, 11:07 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 5,140

Was just browsing the forum and thought this story was interesting. Hadn't heard of this woman before. Can't find her on FB, but I found this link:

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Laura-Wale/113276601

Not sure since I didn't read previous links in their entirety, but looks like there is some additional info here.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:22 AM