Debris Damage/fire Did Not Bring Down Wtc 7, Proof in FEMA and NIST reports
Feb 24 2007, 05:54 AM
Group: Private Forum Pilot
Joined: 11-November 06
Member No.: 223
No debris damage or fuel fed fire in the area of the initiating event that led to the global collapse of WTC 7.
NIST Appendix L
[note: pg 18 is pg 22 on the page counter]
NIST Final 4-5-05
FEMA Chapter 5
[copy and paste in URL bar]
- Southwest corner damage extended over Floors 8 to 18 [NIST Apx. L pg 18]
- Damage starting at roof level…5 to 10 floors…near south west corner [NIST Apx. L pg 18]
- Large debris hole near center of the south face around floor 14 [NIST Apx. L pg 18]
- [just west of center*]
- South face damage, middle 1/4 - 1/3 width south face, floor 10 to ground [NIST Final 4-5-05 pg 15]
- The only damage to the 9th floor occurred at the southwest corner [FEMA Ch. 5 pg 20]
- 8th or 9th Floor…2 elevator cars ejected into hallway north of elevator shaft, visible portion of south wall was gone …possibly damage extending to the west [NIST Apx. L pg 18]
Explosion heard on floor 8
Start at 6:20 min.
[Warning: audio very loud and distorted, turn down volume before viewing]
* Steve Spak photograph with location of perimeter columns and floors added graphically.
No debris damage to east 1/3 of south face was reported
In order for debris to get to the fuel
supply pipe (located 90' inside the building), it would have to
take out 3 perimeter columns,
bust thru 5 - 5 1/2" steel and concrete floors,
including at least 1 floor support beam per floor,
knock 2 elevators out of their shafts,
thru a wall and into the hallway,
take out a core column,
break thru a concrete masonry wall
and a 6" steel and concrete floor.
[NIST Apx. L pg 3 - 6]
Smoke from a fuel fed fire would be pouring out thru the hole made by the elevators.
12:10 to 12:15 p.m.
- No fires, heavy dust or smoke were reported as they left floor 8
[NIST Apx. L pg 18]
There was no fuel fed fire in the east part of WTC 7 where the initial event, that led to the collapse, occurred.
The east generator room was in the north east corner of WTC 7 on the 5th floor.
The supply pipe for the east generator room was north of the wall that is on the north side of the mechanical room,
90' from the south side of the building. [FEMA pg 14 - 15]
If the generators [and the pump feeding fuel oil to them] were running, the louver vents would be open.
If there was a fire in this room, smoke would be pouring out thru the vents.
Fire on floor 12
Form 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. it burned west to east across the south side
From 2:00 to 3:00 p.m., the fire progresses north along east side
About 3:00 p.m., it reached the north side, east of center, and spread in both directions, eventually reaching the NE corner.
By 4:45 the fire on floor 12 had burned out
11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.: fire on floor 22 on south side
About 12:15 p.m.: Fire on floor 7 at the west wall, toward the south side
2:00 to 2:30 p.m.: fire on floor 11 at SE corner, progressing north
Around 3:00 p.m.: fire on floor 7 near middle of north side
Sometime later, fires on floors 8 and 13
Fire on floor 8 eventually burned to NE corner and moved to east face
[NIST Apx. L pg 13 - 16]
Video of north side after fires on floors 7, 12 and 13 had burned out.
This post has been edited by chris sarns: Feb 24 2007, 07:01 AM
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 23rd May 2013 - 07:30 PM|