IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
German Invasion, Members from a German forum ask questions

vienna
post Jul 8 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 7,446

[mod edit: this thread split from "Debunking FDR Debunking" here.... http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=22364]

Hi Rob

For the beginning, i am faceing some questions about...

Commander Ralph “Rotten” Kolstad
23,000 hours
27 years in the airlines
B757/767 for 13 years mostly international Captain with American Airlines.
20 years US Navy flying fighters off aircraft carriers, TopGun twice
civilian pilot flying gliders, light airplanes and warbirds
Command time in:
- N644AA (Aircraft dispatched as American 77)
- N334AA (Aircraft dispatched as American 11)

for me, i believe this CV is correct, but some people in an german forum said, tis doesnt match at all, since pilots are only to be able to fly till the age of 60. so therefor this pilot must have get his licence in the age between 13 or 18.
is it correct that pilots are only allowed to fly up to age of 60? or did this person made a calculation error? (i bet, something is wrong with the guy dont trusting that CV :-) )

further, i was facing discussuions about wether GPS was installed on 757 at AA installed or not, at 2001.
as far as i was told (and linked to boeing) boeing was able to install GPS with their FANC programm, at about 1995. for me this is not an evidence, that AA had installed GPS in their 757, but it would made it possible of course.
(althougt GPS at that time still had SA, so i dont think, civil aviation would relay on that)

so my question....did Ralph Kolstad really mentioned, that NO 757 at AA about 2001 was equiped with GPS? or was he saying, that HE was not flying with an 757 with GPS on board?

and finally, could it be, that the GPS value within the CSV file is only, because the FDR was configured to handle this value in the future? and just writing default value?
short explanation from my side...as a former programmer (5 languages) and DB admin, i can imagine, that you write default values to log files (which an FDR basically is) when a value is not present.
but for sure...i wouldnt write the value OPER !
this would mislead any investigation...instead i would expect IONOPER.....NOT SET.....NOT ACTIVE.....and so on.....

so again in short....

-does the CV of Ralph is corret in order of his experiences and years of duty?
-Ralph Kolstad really mentioned, that NO 757 at AA about 2001 was equiped with GPS? or was he saying, that HE was not flying with an 757 with GPS on board?
-could it be, that the GPS value within the CSV file is only, because the FDR was configured to handle this value in the future? and just writing default value?

thanks a lot for some clearification of this.
it would help me a lot to go back to my german forum to discuss further.....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Jul 8 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi vienna... welcome to the forum.

QUOTE (vienna @ Jul 8 2013, 01:16 PM) *
-does the CV of Ralph is corret in order of his experiences and years of duty?

Many pilots remain on reserve status with the military while flying for the airlines. For example, our airline alone had many pilots called back to active status during the Iraq and Afghan wars after 9/11. So, Capt Kolstad's years in service and years at the airlines overlap. They are not consecutive. The years are concurrent.

-Ralph Kolstad really mentioned, that NO 757 at AA about 2001 was equiped with GPS? or was he saying, that HE was not flying with an 757 with GPS on board?

Correct. 757's at American were not equipped with GPS in 2001. They used Inertial Reference Systems as their primary use for navigation.

-could it be, that the GPS value within the CSV file is only, because the FDR was configured to handle this value in the future? and just writing default value?

We do not speculate. The fact of the matter is that the data contains GPS as OPERational. American 757's were not equipped with GPS. All others are free to speculate as to their bias. But the facts remain.

Bottom line, there is no evidence linking the data to American Airlines 757 tail number N644AA. And in fact the data does not support an impact with the Pentagon.

Hope this helps.

+Quote Post
vienna
post Jul 8 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (rob balsamo @ Jul 8 2013, 01:34 PM) *
Hi vienna... welcome to the forum.

Many pilots remain on reserve status with the military while flying for the airlines. For example, our airline alone had many pilots called back to active status during the Iraq and Afghan wars after 9/11. So, Capt Kolstad's years in service and years at the airlines overlap. They are not consecutive. The years are concurrent.

Correct. 757's at American were not equipped with GPS in 2001. They used Inertial Reference Systems as their primary use for navigation.

We do not speculate. The fact of the matter is that the data contains GPS as OPERational. American 757's were not equipped with GPS. All others are free to speculate as to their bias. But the facts remain.

Bottom line, there is no evidence linking the data to American Airlines 757 tail number N644AA. And in fact the data does not support an impact with the Pentagon.

Hope this helps.

thanks a lot.....this helps me believing on the fact....something was not investigated correctly.

regards
ienna

+Quote Post
vienna
post Jul 8 2013, 01:10 PM
Post #4

sorry, i dont want to speculate also.....but for me, as a former programmer, if i would write a value to a system, not present/installed currently, with value OPER, my former teacher would throw my diplom out of the window :-)

This post has been edited by vienna: Jul 8 2013, 01:11 PM

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Jul 8 2013, 01:30 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (vienna @ Jul 8 2013, 02:10 PM) *
sorry, i dont want to speculate also.....but for me, as a former programmer, if i would write a value to a system, not present/installed currently, with value OPER, my former teacher would throw my diplom out of the window :-)

Exactly... smile.gif

I went over to the German forum you are discussing (I saw the link in our hit referrals).... some people are in serious denial over there. Dont waste too much of your time.... there are just some people you cannot reach. They will make every possible excuse they can to hold onto their beliefs despite any amount of evidence. It's called Cognitive Dissonance.

Good luck!

+Quote Post
vienna
post Jul 8 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #6

sorry for bringing trouble on this forum...but its in a way really important to me, to find out if Ralph is a lier (thats what they used to say in the german forum) or not.
basically i tend to trust people, exposing themself with names and history...so i salute to him....and hope this here is not the end.

regards
vienna

This post has been edited by vienna: Jul 8 2013, 01:55 PM

+Quote Post
vienna
post Jul 8 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #7

what do you say to this statemant?

DME is only accurate itself to 0.1 nautical miles (185 meters).According to the wiki article on VOR"The predictable accuracy of the VOR system is ±1.4°. However, test data indicate that 99.94% of the time a VOR system has less than ±0.35° of error."Yes, since even consumer grade GPS will be accurate to within a few meters it would be more accurate.I could easily see a pilot correcting his INS once at crusing altitude and all major course changes are done but only if its gone out by significantly more than the DME/VOR accuracy itself, if he is using that system to recalibrate the INS. If he had his own personal GPS(there were none installed on the a/c) he could use it but I would think that would be a no-no. Doesn't it have to be an approved instrument before a pilot is allowed to use it, especially on a commercial passenger flight?Didn't PfT make a lot of noise previously about the DME data on the plane saying that it showed the plane was not where the 'official story' put it? I seem to recall them touting DME accuracy until being schooled about it here.If Dulles has a VOR/DME located on the airfield or within a mile or so then its possible that an accurate VOR/DME reading would be possible(to within the accuracy of that system) while the a/c is taxing.However some VOR/DMEs are several miles from the nearest airfeilds and since VHF is line of sight they would not be picked up on the ground

i got from an expert? or not?
its not my word, staement...its someone obviously copied from another source

This post has been edited by vienna: Jul 8 2013, 02:21 PM

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Jul 8 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (vienna @ Jul 8 2013, 02:55 PM) *
sorry for bringing trouble on this forum...but its in a way really important to me, to find out if Ralph is a lier (thats what they used to say in the german forum) or not.
basically i tend to trust people, exposing themself with names and history...so i salute to him....and hope this here is not the end.

regards
vienna

I had a feeling that was coming...lol.

Here are Capt Kolstad's credentials from the FAA.

Anyone can look it up at faa.gov.

As far as the GPS.

N644AA was manufactured in 1991. GPS was not operational till 1994 mainly for Military use. A signal suitable for Civilian use wasn't established until May 1, 2000 and even then it wasn't all that accurate until 2004. This can all be verified on the web.

American Airlines did not install GPS's in their entire fleet nor train all their pilots to use GPS within a little over a year, May 1, 2000 - Sept 11, 2001. Think of the expense and logistical nightmare, not to mention it wasn't even approved for use of navigation by the FAA. Why would any airline waste so much money? They wouldn't. They didn't, they had perfectly good and working Inertial Reference Systems.

American 757's were not GPS equipped in 2001. Anyone who doubts this can call American Airlines themselves. But they won't, because then their whole world will come crumbling down. Again, some people you just can't reach. They fear the truth.

Some people claim "it is not proven there wasn't a GPS, so that means there must be a GPS!!!111!!". A classic argument from ignorance fallacy.

There isn't a list that exists which will show what an airplane is NOT equipped with. The Equipment list shows what an aircraft has installed on board. And there is no way such an equipment list will be published on the web, not only for proprietary reasons, but also for safety and security.

So, if they think Ralph is lying (and Capt Doug Johnson... he is also an American Airlines pilot in our organization), tell them to get the equipment list and prove that N644AA had a GPS installed while showing evidence that the data is linked to N644AA.

As it stands now, there is no evidence linking the data to N644AA and in fact a growing mountain of evidence to the contrary.

Those who feel a GPS must have been installed just because there isn't an official document from American Airlines stating there wasn't one installed, must also believe in Santa Claus since there is no evidence showing he doesn't exist and that NORAD tracks him each year.... smile.gif

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Jul 8 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (vienna @ Jul 8 2013, 03:20 PM) *
i got from an expert? or not?

He is asking questions and quoting from wiki, so clearly not an expert... .nor even a pilot.

Also, an INS/IRS cannot be "re-calibrated" in flight. It has to be done while stationary, on the ground, with known lat/long coordinates of your Gate position.... just another indication that the quote you are looking at is from someone who hasn't the first clue about aviation.

+Quote Post
vienna
post Jul 8 2013, 03:31 PM
Post #10

Also, an INS/IRS cannot be "re-calibrated" in flight. It has to be done while stationary, on the ground, with known lat/long coordinates of your Gate position.... just another indication that the quote you are looking at is from someone who hasn't the first clue about aviation.

exactley as i have to do in xplane :-)
entering the coordinates into IRS after align is finished.(depends on the plane...sone takes it via FMS while writing the route...some take it after align)
just to be sure, its near real life :-)

This post has been edited by vienna: Jul 8 2013, 03:31 PM

+Quote Post
vienna
post Jul 8 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #11

Warum steht in dem editierbaren File der Wahrheitspiloten dann OPER und im nicht editierbaren amtlichen Bericht nicht?

Wo sind die Daten der Wahrheitspiloten verifiziert? Wo sind die Rohdaten?

this means....the guy is asking why in your report (csv) the value OPER for GPS is there, and in the official report this value is not there?
he dont know actually if its in there or not...i assime its in the raw data.... isnt it?

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Jul 8 2013, 03:45 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (vienna @ Jul 8 2013, 04:39 PM) *
this means....the guy is asking why in your report (csv) the value OPER for GPS is there, and in the official report this value is not there?
he dont know actually if its in there or not...i assime its in the raw data.... isnt it?

Official report? Does he mean the pdf documents? pdf documents are different than the csv files. In order to get the csv files you can download them from us or you can get your own from the NTSB through the Freedom Of Information Act. The contact info is in the first post of this thread, but here it is again...

4. Claim - The Information that P4T has analyzed may not be from the NTSB (P4T may have fabricated the information and claims it came from the NTSB)

csv file download and cover letters provided by Undertow
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum...hp?showtopic=64

Raw data decode provided by Undertow
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum...showtopic=4574

Animation cover letters/envelope provided by Snowgrouch
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum...p?showtopic=375

Animation cover letters provided by Mick Harrison
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum...showtopic=6205

Animation provided by Third party on google video
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=65...=AA77+Animation

George Washington University NTSB Data
http://www.gwu.edu/%7Ensarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB196/index.htm

NTSB FOIA Website
http://www.ntsb.gov/info/foia_fri.htm

NTSB FOIA Contact - Melba D. Moye
202-314-6000

NTSB FOIA Request form -
http://www.ntsb.gov/pubmail/pubmail.asp

+Quote Post
vienna
post Jul 8 2013, 04:33 PM
Post #13

ji

the company at the german forum is claiming about the rew file.....although i think they might cant read it at all. they asking, if your csv file ist the correct export of this raw file, provided by the NTSB :-)

+Quote Post
vienna
post Jul 8 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #14

somebody claims the AAL77_tabular.csv looks different (without GPS) as some other csv provided here in the forum. which one is authentic?

regards
vienna

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Jul 8 2013, 04:47 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (vienna @ Jul 8 2013, 05:33 PM) *
ji

the company at the german forum is claiming about the rew file.....although i think they might cant read it at all. they asking, if your csv file ist the correct export of this raw file, provided by the NTSB :-)

We received 3 sets of data from the NTSB through the Freedom Of Information Act.

- A raw file.

- A csv file.

- An animation reconstruction based on the above data.

All of the above can be obtained from the NTSB by anyone in the world. All they have to do is fill out an FOIA request form in the links I provided above.

Also, I noticed you are talking about lat/long on the other forum.

The Lat/Long coordinates are recorded from the FMS (not GPS nor IRS). The FMS gets its information from a variety of sources - IRS, VORDME, DMEDME, VORVOR.. .etc.... and GPS if installed. The data shows a GPS as operational. N644AA was not GPS equipped, but many military aircraft were... in 2001.

Again, there is no evidence linking the data to N644AA and the data provided shows evidence to the contrary....

Keep in mind, the Flight Deck Door parameter has only been verified for one flight. The data for all other flights claiming the door closed for all flights was not decoded by the NTSB. It was decoded by some guy in Australia using a program he created with freeware downloaded from the net, while also claiming the industry leading software used by the NTSB has some sort of "bug". None of which is confirmed by the NTSB.

It is funny to watch those who blindly support the govt story, blindly accept data decoded by some guy in Australia which supports their confirmation bias, yet they question us as to where we got our data.

All they have to do is fill out the FOIA form and they will get their own directly from the NTSB matching our data which we obtained from the NTSB.

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Jul 8 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (vienna @ Jul 8 2013, 05:40 PM) *
somebody claims the AAL77_tabular.csv looks different (without GPS) as some other csv provided here in the forum. which one is authentic?

regards
vienna

We have 2 csv files... 2 readouts.

This is the csv file as sent directly from the NTSB. - http://pilotsfor911truth.org/p4t/AAL77_tabular.zip

This is the raw file as sent directly from the NTSB - http://pilotsfor911truth.org/p4t/AA77_Raw.zip

This is the raw file decoded so it can be read in csv format. - http://pilotsfor911truth.org/p4t/a77.2_complete.csv

You will notice many more parameters listed in the raw csv file.

Many parameters were omitted in the NTSB tabular csv file, such as Radar Altitude. We were able to decode more parameters from the raw file sent from the NTSB.

+Quote Post
vienna
post Jul 9 2013, 05:31 AM
Post #17

hi again... i have a short question...

Bei Flug AA77 handelte es sich um eine Boeing B757-2. Diese hatte KEINEN SENSOR für die Tür verbaut.
Selbst der Flugschreiber war nicht für eine derartige Aufzeichnung ausgestattet.
Zum 18.08 2001 mussten die FLUGSCHREIBER umgerüstet werden jedoch nicht die Tür !
Erst beim Modell B757-3 kam beides zum Einsatz!

that means....
flight AA77 was a boeing 757/200. these planes DOD NOT HAVE SENSORS for the cockpit door installed.
Even the FDR was not configured to record this kind of data.
Until august, 18th, 2001, the FDR must be reprogrammed/adjusted, but not the doors themself.
Only from the model 757/300 this functionality was installed completly.

ist this correct int this way?

regards
vienna

This post has been edited by vienna: Jul 9 2013, 05:31 AM

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Jul 9 2013, 05:51 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (vienna @ Jul 9 2013, 06:31 AM) *
Only from the model 757/300 this functionality was installed completly.

ist this correct int this way?

regards
vienna

Those who make this claim are confusing the Data Frame Layout (DFL) number with Aircraft Type. 757-3b is the proper Data Frame Layout required for N644AA as listed here in the NTSB pdf for N644AA.

http://www.ntsb.gov/doclib/foia/9_11/AAL77_fdr.pdf
(bottom of page 2)

United 93 was also a 757-200 aircraft, but used 757-4 Data Frame Layout.

http://www.ntsb.gov/doclib/foia/9_11/UAL93FDR.pdf
(also bottom of page 2)

DFL 757-3b (AA77, a 757-200) has the FLT DECK DOOR parameter which is why you see it listed under the parameters in the NTSB pdf and recorded in the data.

DFL 757-4 (UA93, a 757-200) does not list a FLT DECK DOOR parameter, which is why it is not listed in the NTSB pdf nor recorded.

Data Frame Layout (DFL) number does not correspond to specific aircraft type and are not interchangeable. The -2, -3b, -4 suffix are just revision numbers of the generic Data Frame Layout from Boeing. -3b is a specific revision for American Airlines and then was modified and custom made by American Airlines into 757-3b_1.txt specifically tailored for their 757-200 aircraft and needs specific to American Airlines. 757-4 is a revision number made for United Airlines specifically for their 757-200 Aircraft. United Airlines then custom made their own DFL from the generic Boeing 757-4 DFL into 757UALmap.xls, specifically tailor made for their 757-200 aircraft.

People who make the argument that the 757-2 DFL belongs to a 757-200 series aircraft are using a leap in logic just because they see a 2 after each number designation. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Using the same logic, DFL 757-4 should belong to a 757-400 aircraft... but such an aircraft does not exist. DFL 757-4 was made for United Airlines 757-200 series aircraft.

The Regs required only 18 parameter groups to be recorded on the FDR in 2001. This was a minimum requirement. Airliners record many more parameters specific to their needs.

American Airlines has 1100 parameters specified in their custom made data frame layout. Flight Deck Door is one of them.. See Attached below....

Read more here on common arguments with regard to the Flight Deck Door...
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.p...&p=10779630

Keep in mind that many parameters are listed as "not working or unconfirmed" by the NTSB, yet they are recorded. A good example of this is the Radio Altitude when the raw file was decoded. The NTSB omitted these parameters from their csv file. But these parameters are in the raw file sent by the NTSB. They were recorded. See more here with regard to Radio Altitude.... http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4801

Also, I emailed Ralph yesterday asking him to check this thread after your questions... this was his response....

1. I soloed at age 14, the day after Pres Kennedy was shot.

2. I served active duty for approx. 6+ years. I completed the rest of the 20 years in the Naval Reserve.

3. I was able to fly for the airlines and serve in the Reserves during my days off with the airline. MANY pilots so the same.

4. The age 65 rule went into affect prior to my reaching age 60, so the age 60 rule does not apply.

5. In 2001, NONE of AA’s 757’s were equipped with GPS. We only used IRS (Inertial Reference System) navigation.

Here are the admitted qualifications of the guy in Australia in which those who support the govt story blindly accept "Flight Deck Door closed for all flights".

"Some people have queried my credentials for investigating Flight Data Recorder (FDR commonly called "black box") data and any relevant affiliations I may have.

I do not have any specific credentials to investigate FDRs or aircraft accidents....

I am not affiliated with nor have I ever worked with or for neither the US National Transport Safety Board (NTSB) nor any other aircraft accident investigator.

I am neither a pilot nor an aircraft engineer and have never flown an aircraft. I am not affiliated with nor have I ever worked with or for any airline, any pilots’ organisation, any aircraft engineering organisation or any FDR manufacturer.

My investigation in to the events of September 11th 2001 is unofficial, independent and completely voluntary.

I was born in New Zealand and I have joint New Zealand and Irish citizenship. I lived in New Zealand up until June 2008 and since then have lived in Brisbane, Australia." - Warren Stutt

Hope this helps...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  757_3b_1.TXT ( 640.98K ) Number of downloads: 100

+Quote Post
vienna
post Jul 9 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #19

this guys at the german forum are tuff.

Weiß Kolstad mit Sicherheit, dass in den 757, die er für AA geflogen ist, der FDR definitiv nicht "GPS OPER" notiert hat?
does kolstad knows, if the parameter GPS (OPER) was written to FDR or not at 2001 in 757?

although i dont know i a pilot really have to know this all....maybe he would clear this out?

regards
vienna

This post has been edited by vienna: Jul 9 2013, 09:03 AM

+Quote Post
vienna
post Jul 9 2013, 09:25 AM
Post #20

i assume, if AA would have mentioned to upgrade their 757 with GPS...they would have contacted and informed the pilots for training also.
so i think kolstad would have known, when there weere gps installed on 757.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 01:14 AM