Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Apparently Lots Of Security Cameras On The Pentagon
Pilots For 9/11 Truth Forum > Location > Pentagon
SPreston
Were there 7 high quality rooftop security cameras hard wired to the basement security room facing the western helicopter approach to the Pentagon helipad on 9-11-2001? After all, Presidents and Vice Presidents and Defense Secretaries and high-ranking Generals and Admirals flew to the Pentagon by helicopter on a regular basis.

I recall seeing somewhere a pre-collapse or perhaps pre-911 photo of a security camera on the roof of the collapse section.

(Click me)

Original Shelley Berkley photo
Craig Ranke CIT
You inspired me to reprise the old thread I made off Russell's work back when we got back from our first trip to Arlington in 2006......

This post is a recompilation of the information obtained on our first trip to Arlington by Russell Pickering. Some of the sentence phrasing was constructed in his creepy manipulative style. I have altered it accordingly.

To this day it remains relevant and is in my opinion the most important and significant (legitimate) research he has ever published.

Funny how it never really ever made it to his now defunct website before he completely imploded and quit the movement all together.

The Sheraton

On our initial research trip to Arlington we did some investigating in regards to the confiscated video tapes.

We conveniently stayed at the Sheraton National on the 14th floor with an amazing view of the pentagon and all the potential flight paths.

(view from Sheraton, flight path illustrated by Edward Paik)

This made it convenient to look into the situation about the video that was confiscated from the Sheraton.

First let's note what the FBI had previously said about this video.

The MACGUIRE DOCUMENTS were the initial result of an FBI response from special agent Jacqueline Macguire to the previous FOIA efforts regarding the sequestered security video tapes for the most part still in government possession.

The documents can still be viewed here too at full size: http://www.pentagonresearch.com/video.html
(CIT has them saved but let's refer here while they still exist)

The FBI says:

"I also conducted a search of the FBI's Electronic Case File System, Investigative Case Management System, and other evidence databases for any videotapes in the possession of the FBI from the Sheraton National Hotel in Arlington, Virginia. I did not locate any such video tape."
(Maguire Documents)

This is purely nonsense. The notion that the FBI missed getting that camera after acquiring 85 total videos that they admit to having is plain old silly. The Sheraton camera would have had a very valuable view and would have been in the top two most obvious locations to check first - the other being the Citgo. The following image is to locate and document the video camera that was at the Sheraton.:

This is the exact same location now. Note how the old camera is missing and the new camera appears to be the same model as the new camera at the Pentagon wall, the Annex and the same as we saw at the military buildings in Pentagon City as I will later demonstrate.

This is taken from the room. The importance of this is that the camera would have been nearly the closest one and would certainly have been able to confirm or deny what all of the eyewitnesses on Columbia Pike and the CITGO station told us.

But it was mysteriously removed!

Trying to give the benefit of the doubt we attempted to investigate this. Dylan Avery & Russell Pickering both had tried many calls to the general manager Paul Giovanni prior to the trip. Then while there in person we went to his office 3 times. At one point, in a last desperate attempt, Dylan and Russell went together and left a handwritten note with Giovanni's assistant explaining the request to see him.

Russell watched his assistant go talk to him as he made excuses just 40 feet away from them. The assistant finally ran into him in the lobby and told him that Giovanni refused to talk with us. It became clear that Giovanni made a significant effort to physically avoid anyone with our team.

My assessment in regards to the Sheraton video is that we are being lied to. The camera is well documented to have been there before and after 9/11. The tape is "missing" now and the camera has been physically removed. The general manager Paul Giovanni is terrified to talk about it and everybody there is tight lipped. There is a clear cover up going on as concluded by Russell Pickering and the entire team.

But there are 84 other video tapes that were confiscated according to the FBI.
Craig Ranke CIT
The CITGO

The following text was written by Russell himself in 2006 and published a mere 10 days before the CITGO video was released (with note added at the time by me regarding the brand new north side confirmation from Robert Turcios). I'll copy it as he published it to preserve the integrity of the time-line as it was released and then comment afterward.

According to the manager of the Citgo who was very kind and informative with us, their video was not actually taken away in minutes as the famous quote has told us. They were evacuated for about two hours from the Citgo and minutes after they reopened the camera was taken. She never viewed the video herself. Her account was interesting as an audio witness. She recalls the rumbling sound and 3 distinct explosions. Merc has a lead on an employee who was outside the station and may place the aircraft for us.

*NOTE* Merc has followed through and this witness corroborates the account of William Legasse who puts the plane to the NORTH (left) of the citgo which is on the OPPOSITE side that it needs to be if it's going to hit the light poles!

(red is official story path blue is witness path)

The Citgo manager physically took me out under the canopy and showed me the location of the removed camera. It was pointed at pump 2.

ALL of the cameras are under the canopy. I did not see any that were external. The manager described this one as having had a clear view of the Pentagon wall and quite a bit north as well. You can see where the impact was and the higher angle of the camera that may have captured it.

You can see here on the south canopy that they have two cameras. So now on the north they have only one? The two most critical cameras in proximity to the flight path and the impact are denied by the FBI and mysteriously missing?

"Among the eighty-five (85) videotapes described in paragraph 11, above, I located one videotape taken from closed circuit television at the Citgo Gas Station in Arlington, Virginia. Because of its generally poor quality, the tape was taken to the FBI's Audio-Video Image Analysis Unit (AVIAU).....to determine that the videotape did not show the impact of Flight 77 into the Pentagon on September 11, 2001." (Maguire Documents)

Full sized documents here: http://www.pentagonresearch.com/video.html

Note that they use the word "impact" as a word game to comply with the verbiage of the original FOIA. They don't say whether or not the film showed an aircraft!

Coincidence that both cameras are gone?

Ok so 10 days after this was published by Russell on the original Loose Change Forum the CITGO video which was the MOST critical view of the final flight path moments was released, with the most critical view of the Pentagon and alleged impact point manipulated out of the data.

Red: Critical views removed from data
Green: Irrelevant views that were released

The timing of the release was beyond coincidental since it was also just days after Aldo announced that we talked with gas station employee Robert Turcios who saw the plane pull up on the north side. Robert was also manipulated out of the data.

Craig Ranke CIT
The Pentagon

Did we only have cheap parking lot cameras from the Pentagon?

NO!

There was a destroyed piece of equipment on the Pentagon facade just north of the impact area. Some people had suggested it was a light or something else.

It was a camera.

Here it is and its proximity to the alleged impact zone.

Here is the replacement today. We were unable to get a good context photo of it because we were driving and the Pentagon memorial construction was obstructing the wall from the road. But this is definitely the same camera.

I am now 100% sure that they have footage from right above and to the north of the impact. This is also a high quality piece of equipment - not a cheesy little camera from a parking booth.

Where is this footage???

Since it does not technically show the wall of the Pentagon because of its placement, it may not have showed the alleged "impact" point. But I'll bet 10-1 that it would have revealed the position of the aircraft. It probably sees all the way to the Citgo from my guess and would have had more time to catch frames than the security shack cameras.

Since as of 2008 this data continues to be suppressed and we now know the plane was on the north side, it's pretty obvious why they will refuse to show any clear images/footage of the aircraft until forced via congressional hearings and indictments.
Craig Ranke CIT
The Navy Annex

Photos of the annex on that day are hard to come by since obviously everybody was facing the Pentagon. But here is one showing the same model of camera on the north side of the building that was on the Pentagon wall.

Then Russell took this shot on our trip of the south wall of the Navy Annex showing the same model of camera that was on the Pentagon wall as well as the replaced one at the Sheraton.

The front part of the Annex has been demolished since 9/11. They may have had a camera on that corner too since it was lower and more forward. The blue thing to the right is a new Air Force memorial sculpture they were still building in 2006.

There were several other cameras at various locations on the Annex as well but this is a sensitive area to photograph so this is all that Russell obtained at the time.

In fact Russell was detained for a while taking pics there and then we were ALL detained the following day at the citgo station for taking video footage there. It was a matter of seconds before they had about 5 pentagon police cars and 2 unmarked SUV's with feds in suits. They basically searched everything we had, confiscated our video tapes, and interrogated us for a couple of hours before letting us go.

Luckily we were smart enough to change the tapes back at the hotel before going there to film so all they got was the 30 seconds we took up on the hill at the Citgo!

Here is a still shot of the view we were taping that got confiscated:

But back to the security cameras:

This same model of camera was all over the military buildings in Pentagon City. There were two buildings we saw with military security and armed guards. Those two buildings had no less than 12 cameras between them. They were also the same model as on the Annex and the Pentagon wall. They were up high and would have had clear views.

I don't know if the video from them would have been confiscated or not. The footage might have just vanished since they were under military command. I can see the Citgo footage being taken because of "civilian" employees.

The point I am 100% convinced of is that there were multiple views that would have at least caught an image of an aircraft. The videos aren't being released for a reason and we all know why.
Craig Ranke CIT
DoubleTree Hotel

Russell wrote:

We went to the Doubletree Inn since it is rumored that this is the location that employees actually watched the video prior to it being confiscated. The quotes about employees watching the film never names the Sheraton specifically. It has just been assumed to have been the case.

Dylan had heard suggestions it may have been the Doubltree Inn and I confirmed this to my satisfaction in a phone call prior to the trip with a security employee. Their video according to my phone call was confiscated on the 12th and the FBI "canvassed" the area through the 13th. So we went there to see for ourselves.

We actually got our foot inside the camera office and I scanned all of their monitors. There was no camera showing the Pentagon at all now. But the security guy we talked to indicated there may have been camera changes since 9/11. This would make total sense in light of the fact that cameras have been removed from the Sheraton and the Citgo. My guess is he was correct.

He was helpful and called the security supervisor who could not meet us at the time. Then while on the phone in my opinion he toned down and ushered us out of the office and shut the door on us. After he was off the phone he said the security manager would call us and took my number. NO CALL BACK!

Can't really see much since the hotel is not facing the alleged impact side and is across the massive 395 highway.

Here is a camera that was on the next door neighbor's top secret building, 400 Army Navy Dr.

Of course they eventually released the security video from the first floor.

Yet of course the horrible quality released video had no view of the plane or the alleged impact point at all while a tree blocked any possible view of the flyover.

Obviously our only conclusion can be that no government provided information will be conclusive.

Period.
dMz
Thanks Craig for all that work.

Has anyone looked into the field (or angle) of view of those camera models (if they can be identified)? It might be interesting to put some ray diagrams over some camera locations. We could assume some "typical" FOV, but I'd rather know what type of cameras we are discussing first.

EDIT: Do we have a consensus whether these were actually poor quality images or if blur/de-sharpen filters may have been used? I seem to recall a "smudge" tool in one of the photo-editing programs too.
amazed!
Great work Craig. I guess it's not amazing to what detail those perps went to cover their tracks. I guess we should expect that from CIA. whistle.gif
SPreston
Great material Craig. But I still think that photo on Congresswoman Shelley Berkley's website shows 3 more high quality security video cameras on the Pentagon roof behind that one you point out. It makes sense that a helicopter landing pad where Presidents and high-ranking officials land and take-off would demand extra security precautions and video coverage.

What looks to be three more security camera on the roof behind the one we know about

Original Shelley Berkley photo
dMz
Here's a little wider version of SPreston's picture above (to get vertical and position references):

Since the original is so over-exposed, here is the crop above with the gamma dropped from 1.0 to 0.50 only:

I didn't look too closely at that one yet, but we might find something interesting there.

Also, I've had a lot of trouble with the imageshack.us photo server (if the links "disappear").
SPreston
QUOTE (dMole @ Sep 29 2008, 01:39 PM) *
Here's a little wider version of SPreston's picture above (to get vertical and position references):

Since the original is so over-exposed, here is the crop above with the gamma dropped from 1.0 to 0.50 only:

I didn't look too close at that one yet, but we might find something interesting there.

Also, I've had a lot of trouble with the imageshack.us photo server (if the links "disappear").

To me those look like exactly the same kind of security cameras which are on the edge of the Pentagon roof. (and on the Naval Annex) Much different from the area 'civilian' security cameras. Two of them appear to be aimed at the most likely helicopter approach corridor which is up the open area to the southwest over I-395 just south of the Navy Annex. Seriously I doubt that any of the Pentagon roof cameras would be counted among the 85 'confiscated' FBI videos. (nor any cameras on the Naval Annex) It is doubtful that the FBI (Treasury Dept) would have any jurisdiction over the Defense Dept security apparatus.

Defense Dept

Civilian

What looks like security cameras back away from the edge of the roof
paranoia
just wanted to add this camera to the list -

source files (in no particular order):
http://www.photolibrary.fema.gov/photodata/original/5919.jpg
http://911digitalarchive.org/REPOSITORY/IM...HOTOS/144.pjpeg
http://www.defense.gov/dodcmsshare/newssto...0109139f_hr.jpg

note- im 99% sure thats a camera and not a light fixture...
9/11 footage filmed from it would be priceless, literally.
onesliceshort
QUOTE (paranoia)
note- im 99% sure thats a camera and not a light fixture...
9/11 footage filmed from it would be priceless, literally.

Nice catch P.

There are light fixtures to the immediate left. It's definitely a cam mate.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3269/66643013.jpg

An extra image that shows another camera in the opposite corner:

http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/pho...N-3235P-019.jpg
paranoia
thanks man - and you too, good catch!

source: http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/pho...N-3235P-019.jpg
Skeptik
Yep, they are dome cameras, of the type usually supplied by Photoscan.
onesliceshort
QUOTE (paranoia @ Apr 20 2011, 06:31 AM) *
thanks man - and you too, good catch!

source: http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/pho...N-3235P-019.jpg

cheers.gif

I'm going cross-eyed with all of these images mate!

OSS
Ricochet
Proof that the FBI has in it's possesion 16 security tapes. He's the reciept for it.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/51087055/Mstr-B1...lance-Tapes-021
amazed!
This really is a good point you bring up.

If the government could prove its case it would, by photographic evidence. Transparency in government, as Senator Obama would say.

But it cannot prove its case, and the bad news is that the photographic evidence CONTRADICTS the government story. And of course that's why it's not being released.

In an intellectually honest planet, the government's case is a house of cards.
kawika
I note that the PRECEDENCE= Routine and CLASSIFICATION = Unclassified.

Any suggestions on FOIA strategy, please PM me.

QUOTE (Ricochet @ Jun 7 2011, 01:56 PM) *
Proof that the FBI has in it's possesion 16 security tapes. He's the reciept for it.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/51087055/Mstr-B1...lance-Tapes-021
Ricochet
QUOTE (kawika @ Jun 12 2011, 11:27 AM) *
I note that the PRECEDENCE= Routine and CLASSIFICATION = Unclassified.

Any suggestions on FOIA strategy, please PM me.

My thoughts exactly.
TheSurgeon
Surveillance Camera Proof at the Pentagon
From Annex C, Part II. Defense Protective Service

On the morning of September 11, 2001, Chief Jester (Defense Protective Service) was in his Pentagon office watching television reports of the first World Trade Center attack. When the second World Trade Center attack occurred, he immediately increased the DPS security level and ordered additional outside patrols. Shortly after issuing these orders, he felt the building shake and saw smoke from his office window. He immediately went to the DPS Communications Center for a damage assessment, but the closed circuit television security camera nearest to the point of impact had been destroyed by the crash.

Note: Destruction of the camera would not destroy the tape. The camera recorder is in a central location.

Sorry, I've lost the link to the report. It was at www.hrsa.gov
paranoia
a footnote about that:
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.p...;#entry10792248

at 2:54 in the following audio clip, pentagon DPS officer speaks of the LIVE (impact-side) rooftop camera which was working:

Interview with Michael Nesbitt, Woodbridge, Virginia, December 3, 2001
http://memory.loc.gov/service/afc/afc2001015/sr/sr345a01.mp3

-a camera which would have recorded the "impact" and "penetration"... but no such footage has ever been released.

also, i just watched this documentary last week, and in it they show nesbitt and the actual tv monitors/screens in question. i dont have it on the pc im on, but will try and upload a screenshot later.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear...=www.google.com

National Geographic - Inside the Pentagon (2002)

CODE
http://www.fileserve.com/file/MVRV9rf/inside.the.pentagon-kafferep.part1.rar
http://www.fileserve.com/file/hZC8uXj/inside.the.pentagon-kafferep.part2.rar

Password : irfree.com

(for some reason downloading it from fileserve took more than one try - but it eventually worked)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.