Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Obama Retakes Oath Of Office
Pilots For 9/11 Truth Forum > General > Politics, War & Foreign Policy
beatles64
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared...a_retakes_o.php

I searched the forum for this and found nothing, so I hope this isn't a repost

So...Obama redid the oath, but no bible was present...

I have no idea if this actually matters or not, but it is certainly getting some attention...

One thing that comes to my mind is how many bibles are in hotel rooms across the world...don't you think that a copy would be pretty easy to find in Washington???

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?????
jo56
I think they just wanted the new audio to attach to the inauguration version (combined) to use for the history books.

So, I think it's much do about nothing! However, it was a pretty stupid thing on the part of the Chief Justice to mess this up. Go figure! I hope he's more competent in his other job. whistle.gif
beatles64
That's a very good point, I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.

I thought Obama looked a little nervous during the opening of the procedure when I saw him go to take it(on TV, of course).
jo56
Well, he knew that Roberts goofed it up, and paused to give him a chance to correct himself. No excuse for that happening. He should have read it like every other Justice in the past has done, IMO.
Ricochet
In effect then, B.O. was NOT sworn in until the next day. This would have made J.Biden the defacto President for the day (20th) due to Obby not yet able to execute his duties as President until he was "re-sworn in" on Jan. 21. Being a Canadian I have never studied U.S. constitutional law but it makes sense if Biden was sworn in as Vice Pres on Jan. 20.
amazed!
I doubt that it was planned, but it is interesting that the second attempt used no bible.

Suits me fine.
biggahthebettah
Taking an oath on a Bible is senseless to me to begin with. If someone is religious, just taking the oath ought to be enough, right? Just the fear of their God's retribution ought to make them stick to the oath, right? (or so the theory would go). If someone is NOT religious, the book is meaningless anyway).
beatles64
QUOTE (biggahthebettah @ Jan 22 2009, 03:11 PM) *
Taking an oath on a Bible is senseless to me to begin with. If someone is religious, just taking the oath ought to be enough, right? Just the fear of their God's retribution ought to make them stick to the oath, right? (or so the theory would go). If someone is NOT religious, the book is meaningless anyway).

Well said salute.gif
amazed!
Bigga

Yes, so the theory goes! laughing1.gif

Junk DNA must be the source of the religious tendency shown by humans.

But everybody understands the concept of the spiritual side of life, separate from the organized religion.
Timothy Osman
It gets worse people, we were getting used to the fact that Obama having fudged the oath is not the first African American president but instead we got Yo Yo Ma, the first Asian American president.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-r...sident-yo-yo-ma

Now it turns out that Yo Yo the cellist was pulling a Millie Vanillie routine at the inauguration and that there is serious doubt surrounding the identity of the new presidents sub zero cello ability.

It's not exactly Watergate but Barack Obama's inauguration was back in the dock today after it emerged that the quartet of classical musicians who ushered him on to the steps of the Capitol were faking it.

In a report headlined "The Frigid Fingers Were Live, but the Music Wasn't", The New York Times said that the four, including the violinist Itzhak Perlman, had already recorded their contribution two days earlier and played along just for show.

A spokeswoman for the congressional committee, which organised the inauguration, the biggest and most costly in history, told the newspaper that the musicians could not have played live in Tuesday's sub-zero temperatures because of the risk of broken piano strings and cracked instruments.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle5573427.ece

Forgot the link
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.