Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whistleblower Reveals "backdoor" 757 Remote Control And Flight Crew "lockout" Technology
Pilots For 9/11 Truth Forum > General > Latest News
Pages: 1, 2
rob balsamo
Whistleblower Reveals "Backdoor" 757 Remote Control And Flight Crew "Lockout" Technology Available Prior To 9/11

(PilotsFor911Truth.org) - Wayne Anderson, an Avionics Technician is interviewed by Rob Balsamo, Co-Founder, Pilots For 9/11 Truth. Wayne reveals his observations of a remote guidance test on a Boeing 757 in which technology was used to control the aircraft remotely, while also being able to "Lockout" the Flight Crew from overriding the autopilot system in order to regain control of the airplane. The following interview discusses the details of this test which was performed prior to September 11, 2001, the violations of FAA regulations and the possibilities using such technology.

Right Click and save target as... (46 min runtime, 21.1mb download)
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/p4t/RemoteCon...istleblower.mp3

or...

Just press play here...

Founded in August 2006, Pilots For 9/11 Truth is a growing organization of aviation professionals from around the globe. The organization has analyzed Data provided by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) for the Pentagon Attack, the events in Shanksville, PA and the World Trade Center attack. The data does not support the government story. The NTSB/FBI refuse to comment. Pilots For 9/11 Truth do not offer theory or point blame at this point in time. However, there is a growing mountain of conflicting information and data in which government agencies and officials along with Mainstream Media refuse to acknowledge. Pilots For 9/11 Truth Core member list continues to grow.

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/core.html for full member list.

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/join to join.
GroundPounder
dang..thought airbus was the only one to put 'silicon' before 'carbon units'.
Geezer1776
Some thoughts:

Mr. Anderson, if legit, obviously holds an important piece. For his own safety, he should be sworn and deposed ASAP, with notarized copies of the depo made and distributed beyond hope of any but the most determined destruction. Keep in mind that eyewitness evidence of this kind is admissible in a court of law and, as such, could be exceedingly dangerous in the right (or, from the perps’ point of view, wrong,) circumstances.

People with skills and access need to check out Mr. Anderson’s claims:

Does/did the company he claims to work/have worked for actually exist?
Were one or more Boeing 757 aircraft actually worked on by this company during the time-frame claimed?
Do records of anomalies observed confirm any part of Mr. Anderson’s story?
Was/is there an engineer by the name he gives working for the company at the time he claims?

{Comment: The “engineer” conducting tests as described, using obviously highly proprietary/classified software, was almost certainly at least an “asset” if not a professional agent of at least one Agency. As such, on an operation of the kind in hand, he would be highly likely to have “disappeared” without a trace, a la Vreeland. Also, lack of any recorded anomalies corresponding to Mr. Anderson’s account would not, of themselves, necessarily discredit his claims, given the almost-certain “scrubbing” of data under the claimed circumstances.}

Assuming he remembers the identity of the “customer”, can he also offer guidance as to how we might learn the tail number of the aircraft, date(s) of service, and the names of any other participating personnel, with special emphasis on management-level people. It would be particularly useful to talk with any technicians who actually inspected the aircraft, looking for the “lockout” circuitry.

{Comment: As an ex-electroniker and QC engineer as well as somebody with at least a modicum of common sense, I feel fairly sure of several things:

Mission-critical hardware of the sort involved here will certainly have been subjected to a highly classified, thorough design review overseen, if not conducted, by an Agency, or elements of an Agency, of the U.S. Gov’t.

An important feature of the design is likely to have been ability to be hidden “in plain sight”, i.e. appearing to be an entirely legitimate, fully specified (and hence fully inspectable) element of the on-board avionics suite. (Since I’m neither an avionics tech nor an inspector, I’ve no way of knowing whether inspections go down to the level of actually counting the number of wires in cables and verifying their function, but short of this there seems to be no reason why an autopilot power lock-in relay and associated computer interface couldn’t be tucked into a convenient “black box” whose other functions are completely bona fide.)

Actual hardware manufacture is likely to have been handled, on a sub-contract basis, by an Agency “cut-out”, i.e. a wholly-controlled operation possibly set up exclusively to support this and related activities. This would also have been true of the requisite “back-door” control software; control access code would only be revealed by a detailed source-code review conducted by people not privy to the full real functions of the package – an eventuality most unlikely to unfold absent some major failure review.

Given the above, I see no reason why any Boeing personnel would necessarily have had to be knowingly involved; incoming avionics “black boxes” would have been inspected as to specified physical parameters, subjected to specified environmental and functional testing, installed in airframes, inspected, function-tested and duly certified. The mission-required “extra” wiring might have been labeled “spare” or some other benign term, hence never function-tested. Control software would have been function-tested per spec. – any hidden capabilities would almost certainly have escaped notice.

This, however, brings us to the one truly bizarre feature of this whole scenario: why on earth would the absolutely-critical function-testing of the remote-control, and especially the lockout, capabilities of this hardware/software system have been carried out in such a semi-public manner? Two plausible explanations come to mind:

1. Mr. Anderson’s account is entirely or substantially bogus, and none of the foregoing has any meaning, at least in the present context.

2. The exposure was quite deliberate, intended to plant a “breadcrumb” to be followed up at some future time by knowledgeable people in a position to do so. (The Agencies are NOT monolithic; both deliberate sabotage of illicit operations and their later exposure have occurred from within – thank God.)

Hope this proves of some use – good hunting!
rob balsamo
Wow, quite the reply from someone who registered to this forum in 2007, yet make his first post today -- an elaborate post -- I might add.

Welcome Geezer?

(question mark intended)

QUOTE (Geezer1776 @ May 18 2010, 04:06 AM) *
1. Mr. Anderson’s account is entirely or substantially bogus, and none of the foregoing has any meaning, at least in the present context.

2. The exposure was quite deliberate, intended to plant a “breadcrumb” to be followed up at some future time by knowledgeable people in a position to do so. (The Agencies are NOT monolithic; both deliberate sabotage of illicit operations and their later exposure have occurred from within – thank God.)

3. Perhaps someone who knew someone, who knew someone...etc... etc... asked for the software to "play with" on the next "customer" airplane?

We went over this in the above interview. The possibilities and speculation is endless.

Geezer, clearly you worked in the industry, feel free to contact me directly if you find any answers. Names are named.

In the meantime, Wayne has the url to this thread. Not sure if he has registered to the forum yet. But I'm sure he will.
amazed!
I'm leaving for a few days and have not listened to the interview, but somehow I'm reminded of something I read about one of Dov Zakheim's companies developing and perfecting such a system.

Assuming that everything the man says is true and accurate, I'm not surprised in the least.
kelana
Very interesting interview Rob. What could a pilot lockout function be needed for, other than underhand reasons? Nothing comes to mind...

QUOTE (Geezer1776 @ May 18 2010, 12:06 PM) *
This, however, brings us to the one truly bizarre feature of this whole scenario: why on earth would the absolutely-critical function-testing of the remote-control, and especially the lockout, capabilities of this hardware/software system have been carried out in such a semi-public manner?

Geezer1776 - I got the distinct impression that this lockout 'test' was anything but official and done on the side as an experiment and on this engineer's own initiative, as an add-on to the normal autopilot test. Seems the guy was just checking if, in fact, the software would do what he had been told. Not so bizarre then.

Keith
Maha Mantra
I think the idea of a pilot lock-out feature was presented as a way to control a hijacked aircraft from external positions.

Wasn't there a story about Lufthansa replacing its flight computers on planes from the US, because they didn't want the back-door option which they felt could be hacked-into ?

It seems like if the ability is there to send missiles into space and satellites to other planets and men to the Moon (maybe they did) back in the 1960's, then why would it be hard to remote pilot airliners in the 2000's ? Maybe even airliners that can go 520 knots at sea level and whose wings can cut 14" box columns with 1'' wall thickness all the way out to the tips, in the case of the trade towers, be in two places at once, in regard to the Pentagon, and dissappear at will also, leaving incriminating evidence of non-existant hijackers in their place.
kelana
QUOTE (Maha Mantra @ May 18 2010, 08:02 PM) *
I think the idea of a pilot lock-out feature was presented as a way to control a hijacked aircraft from external positions.

Yeah...that makes sense of course.

I found this article which talks about the same thing (I don't know how reliable the site or author is). Note the comment:

This explains why none of the aircraft sent a special “I have been hijacked” transponder code, despite multiple activation points on all four aircraft. Because the transponder frequency had already been piggy backed by Home Run, transmission of the special hijack code was rendered impossible. This was the first hard proof that the target aircraft had been hijacked electronically from the ground, rather than by [FBI-inspired] motley crews of Arabs toting penknives.

and Maha Mantra, this may be a reference to Lufthansa (Edit - it is a reference to LH):

Accordingly, this flag carrier completely stripped the American flight control computers out of its entire fleet, and replaced them with a home grown version.

Keith
bluenorwayorg
All US civilian commercial passenger jets since 1972 have had NORAD flight control overrides of the autopilot system; this was mainly intended to prevent collisons but also provided remote control evasion capability in case of missile threats.

HTTP://bluenorway.org
Http://platinum-ii.in
GroundPounder
great interview !!
bluenorwayorg
A mode C and mode S radio transponder similar to the 1990s test can easily be implemented in a $12usd FPGA. Adding a laptop or pda device in 2001 on board or in luggage would be sufficient and many cell phones of the era would be capable of the control signal processing. The usa vs usama court case was failed by april of that year and there were documented complaints from the y2000 date time issue of the old fly-by-wire concerns.
Alan H.
QUOTE (amazed! @ May 16 2010, 11:55 AM) *
I'm leaving for a few days and have not listened to the interview, but somehow I'm reminded of something I read about one of Dov Zakheim's companies developing and perfecting such a system.

Assuming that everything the man says is true and accurate, I'm not surprised in the least.

Hey, Amazed. I'm amazed to see someone from Ft. Pierce on here! I lived in Ft. Pierce for a good part of my life (unfortunately). One very corrupt town, eh?

I used to have a band called "HollowGraphicSoul", [later changed to "Holographic Souls," which is the name I now use for both my solo and collaborative recordings]. We were just a trio at first; we played out at the old Holiday Inn on North Beach back in October [on Halloween] of 1993, along with some other bands like "Red Soda," and "Mama Spider." We also played in that little club called "Zelmos," though that was with a different lineup and under the name "Performing Autopsies." I used to live over off Ohio, back in Quincy Apts back then.

Anyway, I was in Orlando on 9/11 and when I saw that second plane hit, then the Pentagon, I knew right away that there was no way that many planes could fly around the skies of the most powerfully guarded Nation on Earth for two hours without getting shot out of the sky unless this was allowed to happen. When you add in building 7 and all the other "coincidences" it's simply too much. I wish a serious mathematician would actually calculate out the different odds of all these coincidences, from building 7 to automated pass-ports that survive while 3 steel frame buildings--an entirely new phenomenon that's never occurred before or since 9/11, even in buildings that burned for over 15 hours. And then calculate the odds of all these coincidences, which by themselves represent what must be staggering odds of improbability, all occurring on the exact same day.

Then, you discover this scenario was enacted, almost exactly as it occurred, months earlier? I don't know what to believe, except that we have not been told the truth, and our government is obviously covering something up, as the largest crime scene in American history was deliberately contaminated and destroyed without any investigation.

Well, it's interesting to see someone from Ft. Pierce on here.
thorn
Rob,

Victor Thorn from WING TV and the American Free Press. I'd like to speak with you in regard to Mr. Anderson and his latest revelations.

Please drop me a line at:

sisyphus1285@cs.com

Thanks, and best wishes,

VT
Devilsadvocate
Strange...
I remember a press-conference shown on Irish TV shortly after 9/11.
George Bush stated back then that there would be a number of immediate consequences arising out of 9/11-
like reinforced cockpit-doors and the like (...a concept which, to my knowledge, came up years before- in the wake of a spate of hijackings by the PLO).

He then said something like "...We'll also look at some other things- like the possibility to remote-control a highjacked aircraft..."

I'm not sure, but i think it can't have been more than a few days after 9/11.
Fizz
QUOTE (Devilsadvocate @ May 18 2010, 01:49 PM) *
He then said something like "...We'll also look at some other things- like the possibility to remote-control a highjacked aircraft..."

I'm not sure, but i think it can't have been more than a few days after 9/11.

i remember that being said too but can't remember who exactly said it.

anyway, even if everything the guy said about the technology is true and it was available before 9/11 its still a huge leap to claiming the technology was actually used on 9/11. stinger missiles were available before 9/11 too but it doesnt mean they were used.
tumetuestumefaisdubien
Very interesting interview Rob thumbsup.gif , can I publish it at our site 911blog.yweb.sk?

There was also the article from Chris Bollyn about something like this long time ago in the connection with company U.S. Aviation Technology LLC and high brass in the FAA and NTSB - I've linked it here http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum//index....showtopic=10689 , but now the link seems it doesn't work anymore, so here's the new one: http://www.bollyn.com/how-did-spy-software...o-faa-computers
I also remember how I was trying to put the Bollyn's article on 911blogger at the time - with additional links and some technical notes to add some more crucial information to it and how the 911blogger admin reprehensor refused to publish the commented article not even in the blog zone. I still have the quite funny correspondence with him about that... whistle.gif
elreb
You think this is the guy he is talking about?

David Prentice PE Project Manager: CEV Avionics Systems (Crew Exploration Vehicle; Flight Software Systems Engineer), Jacobs Technology

Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology division of Jacobs Engineering, one of the nation's largest engineering and technical services-only companies. With 70+ years of experience supporting government and commercial clients, we have earned a reputation for excellence and outstanding technical and managerial achievements in quality, performance, and safety.

Our clients include the DOD, NASA, the U.S. Special Operations Command, the DOE, and dozens of commercial clients, such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Rolls-Royce, General Motors, Ford, Chrysler and Saturn.
rob balsamo
QUOTE (elreb @ May 18 2010, 03:26 PM) *
You think this is the guy he is talking about?

David Prentice PE Project Manager: CEV Avionics Systems (Crew Exploration Vehicle; Flight Software Systems Engineer), Jacobs Technology

Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology division of Jacobs Engineering, one of the nation's largest engineering and technical services-only companies. With 70+ years of experience supporting government and commercial clients, we have earned a reputation for excellence and outstanding technical and managerial achievements in quality, performance, and safety.

Our clients include the DOD, NASA, the U.S. Special Operations Command, the DOE, and dozens of commercial clients, such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Rolls-Royce, General Motors, Ford, Chrysler and Saturn.

That looks like the guy.

Wayne is having problems with his internet, once he gets it resolved, he will be here to answer questions.

tume, yes, publish it anywhere and everywhere!
bluenorwayorg
I'll have the above mentioned signaling protocols and some basic interface in the Google Android phone device market as "hijack" as well as for the IPhone, however the fast dsp io may require system level code and testing for each physical device.

Remember, there were RC and gps plugins for microsoft flight simulator by the first version in the 90s, I am quite serious a 2000 era pda or laptop would be excessively capable of both the signalling and flight dynamics required.

Not to mention I outlined the situation on Aug 11th of that year.

DieBold!
elreb
If I have my data correct, by 1993 all that remained of Braniff airline was Dalfort Aviation, a training enterprise associated with Love Field in Dallas. As a third-party repair station, they provide scheduled maintenance, major modifications and component services on a wide range of aircraft.

Wayne said the story occurred around 1996-1997:

In 1998 the US Department of Defense’s top policy official acknowledged that the military has covert action teams to combat terrorism and to counter potential terrorist use of weapons of mass destruction (WMD). "We have designated Special Mission Units [SMUs] that are specifically manned, equipped and trained to deal with a wide variety of transnational threats," said Walter Slocombe, Undersecretary of Defense for Policy from 1994-2001.

Not that there is any direct connection between David Prentice PE , Flight Software Systems Engineer from Jacobs Technology to the subject in question but the clients list including Boeing, the DOD and the U.S. Special Operations Command is interesting. 911 was like Christmas to the Special Operations Command!

Special Operations Command included:

Army Special Operations Command, Joint Special Operations Command (Delta Force, Seal Team 6, Air Force 24th Special Tactics Squadron), Naval Special Warfare Command, Marine Corps Special Operations Command, Air Force Special Operations Command. USSOCOM has an excellent relationship with the CIA's elite Special Activities Division and the two forces often operate together.

Engagements

Operation Urgent Fury (1983) Operation Just Cause (1989) Operation Desert Storm (1990) Operation Provide Comfort (1991) Operation Gothic Serpent (1993) Operation Uphold Democracy (1994) Bosnian War (1996) Operation Allied Force (1999) Operation Enduring Freedom (2001) Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003)
dlaliberte
QUOTE (elreb @ May 18 2010, 09:39 PM) *
Not that there is any direct connection between David Prentice PE , Flight Software Systems Engineer from Jacobs Technology to the subject in question but the clients list including Boeing, the DOD and the U.S. Special Operations Command is interesting. 911 was like Christmas to the Special Operations Command!

There is a David Prentice PE on LinkedIn. http://www.linkedin.com/in/dprentice
If you are on LinkedIn (and you should be -- we need to build the network) see if you are indirectly connected to him, by 2 or 3 hops.
aerohead
His time frame falls inline with the time frame i have
stated before about my old squadron of F-4G's that
we retired in March of '96 from the 561st Fighter Squadron
at Nellis that went to Eglin to be converted to fully capable
remote controlled fighters known as the QF-4.
My point is that the technology was there and was being actively
implemented into different airframes in 96-97. It cannot be disputed
that remote control of commercial aircraft was possible
by September of 2001.

aerohead
Btw, it doesnt matter what the acronym is, each mfg
calls it a different name, FMC, FCC, FAC...... these
flight control/management computers control an
ENORMOUS amount of inputs and outputs. I find it
laughable that some think that the autopilots on these planes
couldnt be remotely controlled. Its been done for decades.

Personally i have a hard time believing that these planes
were the planes that backed out of the gates that day. Operation
Northwoods in action would be more plausible.
-CIA operators be boarded under fake names.
-Plane swapped out over Eglin with drone.
-Drone flown by remote control near Cuba and hail maydays
of being attacked by Cuban MIG's.
-Drone remotely destructed.
-America gets pissed and the Chiefs of Staff (who wrote this plan
in 1962) get their war with Cuba.
-Lemnitzer (JCS) signed it, McNamara (SOD) rejected it.
NorthWoods Document

See any similarities ?

-All planes loaded to 20% of normal capacity.
-NORAD stands down.
-No positive ID of planes. NO serialized parts found anywhere. laughing1.gif
-Planes flown beyond amateur (and thats a compliment) pilots and airframe capabilities.
-Cell Phones never worked at those altitudes. Never.
-The Pentacon incident is so unbelievable that a 3rd grader would
raise the BS flag. Witnesses say it flew a different path.
-A&E say they found explosives in the WTC dust and its scientifically
impossible to collapse 3 modern buildings through the path of GREATEST
resistance at free fall speed without exposives. And it is.
-The Chiefs get their war, millions dead in the Middle east, the big boys
all get disgustingly wealthy.
wayneanderson
QUOTE (Geezer1776 @ May 18 2010, 02:06 AM) *
Some thoughts:

Mr. Anderson, if legit, obviously holds an important piece. For his own safety, he should be sworn and deposed ASAP, with notarized copies of the depo made and distributed beyond hope of any but the most determined destruction.

-----------------------
Thanks for your concern. Yesterday, May 18, I consulted with my attorney on this matter. He was a naval aviator on active duty and finished a 20-year reserve career many years ago. How fate would have it that he would be such a natural choice to assess the facts. Anyway he said that from a legal standpoint a sworn statement and deposition could only be if there already was an existing court case AND a real defendant. I questioned that but he said that is what it would take to comply with Minnesota state law as far as his law firm is concerned. I suggested an affidavit statement of fact that he or his staff could notarize to certify authenticity. He said that was a good idea but I would have to compose the statement myself. No problem; current work in progress.

Wayne
tumetuestumefaisdubien
QUOTE (rob balsamo @ May 16 2010, 07:35 PM) *
tume, yes, publish it anywhere and everywhere!

Maybe just - is there or would be there a transcript? It would be much easier to translate this valuable testimony.
thorn
Mr. Anderson,

I just completed an interview with Rob Balsamo for the American Free Press, and he suggested that I contact you via the forum with a couple of quick questions.

1) At what time did the tests to which you refer ... what year/month?
2) At which air field did they occur?

Thank you very much, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,

Victor Thorn
American Free Press
WING TV
rob balsamo
QUOTE (tumetuestumefaisdubien @ May 19 2010, 11:24 AM) *
Maybe just - is there or would be there a transcript? It would be much easier to translate this valuable testimony.

lol... there isnt a transcript as of this time, and unfortunately, I dont have the time to type one up. Feel free if you wish...

smile.gif
elreb
Wayne,

I almost think this thread is dead until you confirm or deny my assertions of Dalfort Aviation at Love Field in Dallas beginning in 1993.

My David Prentice (Jacobs Tech) appears to be a good fit. His LinkedIn file reflects the San Antonio, Texas area but WHO KNOWS?

Dates, area and several clues will go a long way. thumbsup.gif

Elreb
tumetuestumefaisdubien
QUOTE (rob balsamo @ May 17 2010, 05:28 PM) *
lol... there isnt a transcript as of this time, and unfortunately, I dont have the time to type one up. Feel free if you wish...

Yeah, I thought so, I've just asked, just in case, don't laugh at me... shame we probably couldn't ask some of the agencies, they probably have it done already... laughing1.gif rolleyes.gif
wayneanderson
QUOTE (elreb @ May 19 2010, 08:01 PM) *
Wayne,

I almost think this thread is dead until you confirm or deny my assertions of Dalfort Aviation at Love Field in Dallas beginning in 1993.

My David Prentice (Jacobs Tech) appears to be a good fit. His LinkedIn file reflects the San Antonio, Texas area but WHO KNOWS?

Dates, area and several clues will go a long way. thumbsup.gif

Elreb

---------------
I am not sure what you are meaning by "assertions of Dalfort Aviation at Love Field in Dallas beginning in 1993". Maybe I need to go back and read this thread again or am missing something. However I will take a run at it...

This is most significant that I worked for the original Braniff Airways from
July 1978 to July 1981. After the PATCO strike began any mechanic with 15 years experience were laid off. I secured other employment. In September 1981 I was recalled. I consulted with several Braniff pilot friends, one a preferred stockholder, and they all conferred that our employer was headed for the ground. They advised staying with what I had, harder to find a job when the market gets suddenly flooded with 7,000 unemployed.

I bounced around some but avoided offers of employment with Braniff II that had been bought out of bankruptcy by Jay Pritzker, Chicago. Finally in April of 1986 I went to work for the Braniff II which by then was under the umbrella of a holding company coined Dalfort Corporation, or similar name. The entity that I actually worked for was Dalfort Aviation Services under the same corporate umbrella but we had the same benefit package as the new Braniff. This was all housed in the old Braniff maintenance facility at Love Field, Dallas TX. The only exception to that is Braniff II was operating out of DFW airport.

The importance is avionics licensee requirements had become in limbo and without "old" Braniff folks knowing and trusting my experience level would not have hired me to work at Dalfort.

gotta go, will add more later, Wayne
elreb
Wayne,

Thanks, your doing just fine.

All I said was, “If I have my data correct, by 1993 all that remained of Braniff airline was Dalfort Aviation, a training enterprise associated with Love Field in Dallas. As a third-party repair station, they provide scheduled maintenance, major modifications and component services on a wide range of aircraft”.

Numbers match…great job!

Elreb
elreb
FOR WHAT IS WORTH HISTORY

In 1983, Chicago's Pritzker family bought Braniff International out of bankruptcy and separated the maintenance department -- including its huge hangar on Lemmon Avenue on the east side of Love Field -- from the airline.

The Pritzkers eventually sold Braniff, which later failed. They kept the old maintenance division and renamed it Dalfort Aviation. In 1993, the family sold it to Leadbetter, its longtime Dallas representative.

Leadbetter struggled to keep the Dalfort hangar consistently full of work.

Two attempts to lure aircraft manufacturers as tenants failed. Then he decided to launch a specialty airline that would contract with Dalfort to maintain its planes, and operate from a new terminal that would be built on the north end of the Dalfort hangar.

To push the notion of limited-capacity long-haul service at Love Field, Leadbetter teamed up with Allan McArtor a former FAA Administrator, Federal Express executive and Air Force pilot. Mr. McArtor was also a member of the United States Air Force precision flying team, the Thunderbirds knew Washington from the inside out.

It took him nearly four years, but McArtor successfully argued that long-haul service from Love Field in planes with 56 or fewer seats would be permissible under the Wright Amendment.

In the meantime, Leadbetter could not wait for Legend Airlines to get started and had to sell Dalfort to pay off his debt to the Pritzkers.

Yet, even as Legend prepared to launch service, it was clear that real estate values were still a key force behind the airline.

Legend announced that it had raised more than $60 million in start-up financing. Much of that money came from the Hampstead Group, a Dallas-based investment group led by Don McNamara, an adviser to Fort Worth's billionaire Bass family and sweetheart investors.

But not all of that money was invested in the airline. Some of those investors, including Hampstead, invested more than $20 million of it through a separate corporation to build a posh six-gate executive terminal attached to the Dalfort hangar, plus a 7-story, 750-space parking garage.

The Bass brothers are sons of Perry R. Bass the patriarch of a family that came to symbolize wealth and oil in Texas. Three of Mr. Bass's sons Sid, Lee and Edward — invested with their father. In 1983, a fourth son, Robert, broke away to form his own investment firm. Following in their father's footsteps, each of the four attended Yale University; Ed and George W. Bush were classmates and friends there. As Governor, Bush appointed Lee Bass as Chairman of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

Robert Muse Bass is currently the chairman of Aerion Corporation, an American aerospace firm in Reno, Nevada. Bass is worth approximately $5.5 billion as of 2007. Most recently, in 2004 he started Aerion Corp to develop supersonic corporate jets, which is the beneficiary of lucrative Federal DARPA contracts.

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is an agency of the United States Department of Defense responsible for the development of new technology for use by the military. DARPA has been responsible for funding the development of many technologies which have had a major effect on the world, including computer networking, as well as NLS "oN-Line System", which was both the first hypertext system, and an important precursor to the contemporary ubiquitous graphical user interface.
wayneanderson
QUOTE (dlaliberte @ May 18 2010, 10:29 PM) *
There is a David Prentice PE on LinkedIn. http://www.linkedin.com/in/dprentice
If you are on LinkedIn (and you should be -- we need to build the network) see if you are indirectly connected to him, by 2 or 3 hops.

--------------
As Dalfort was downsizing the numbers in engineering also reduced.

Dave Prentice landed an Avionics Engineer position with Continental Airlines

Neal Young, who may have been video/documenting Dave's 757 autopilot test went to Southwest Airlines.

And, John Stephanidis (unsure of spelling) was and had been for many years Senior Avionics Engineer, then Engineering Director or VP, something like that. I don't remember where he went and find no trace on internet.

Wayne
albertchampion
and when you get into the pritzkers, you run into the chicago mob.

the same mob that may have a controlling interest in general dynamics. and whose financier sits on the board of j p morgan chase, in a sense an outgrowth of first chicago. which jamie dimon ran as i recall.

the mob and war[military spending] would be a great focus for a book. when the colonel, henry crown, financier of the chicago mob invested gambling, prostitution, narcotics revenues into legit businesses, his selection were defense contractors. and banks.
rob balsamo
Off topic rhetoric split to here.

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=20075
elreb
Referring to Dave's 757 autopilot test when you research this stuff you sure bump into a lot of coincidences.

Not that it means much but alleged flight 0077 American Airlines tail number N644AA , a Boeing 757 first went into service on 9-5-1991 in of all places Dallas/Fort Worth to San Antonio.

AMR headquarters in Fort Worth next to DFW airport in 1979.

It would be just too funny if one of these planes were tested.
wayneanderson
QUOTE (elreb @ May 21 2010, 02:36 PM) *
Referring to Dave's 757 autopilot test when you research this stuff you sure bump into a lot of coincidences.

Not that it means much but alleged flight 0077 American Airlines tail number N644AA , a Boeing 757 first went into service on 9-5-1991 in of all places Dallas/Fort Worth to San Antonio.

AMR headquarters in Fort Worth next to DFW airport in 1979.

It would be just too funny if one of these planes were tested.

-------
I seriously doubt any AA 757's were in our hangar. Their overhaul base in Tulsa, OK was adequately equipped and staffed for the newer aircraft of that time. Because of labor agreements they could only "farm out" certain work usually agreed to on piece by piece or project by project basis. Case in point, I was part of a small team that retrofitted their fleet of 727s with emergency egress track lighting. We did 1 a/c per night at DFW airport either on the ramp in front of their hangar or at the gate.

The majority of the 757's that we worked on at Dalfort were flown by DHL. I am sure there was a scattering of others but I wasn't working in the hangar in those later years and didn't observe everything that went through there.

Wayne
elreb
Story begins in 1996 with the test on the 757 as described by Wayne but flashes back to a 1961 conversation among several flight crew members of the failed Bay of Pigs landing. At this point Operation Zapata, Zapata Peninsula and Zapata oil blend together with George Bush, JFK and the CIA.

Like the Good Shepherd, we are entertained with the OSS, X-2, Yale and the Bonesmen.

Next we get into Special Operations, CIA Special Activities Division, covert and clandestine missions, such as unconventional warfare, foreign internal defense, special reconnaissance, psychological operations, Civil Affairs, direct action, counter-terrorism and War on Drugs operations.

We fly thru Vietnam, the Soviet war in Afghanistan, the rise of Operation Cyclone, Osama bin Laden, and Al-Qaeda.

Next, it’s 1990 and we trample thru “The Mother of all Battles” Desert Storm and on to the 1993 WTC bombing.

Sex, wealth and power turn to greed & glory…the evolution of a gianormous "corporate cosmology" the interrelatedness of the participants in the international economy.

The planning took 40 years and was tested and trued. Daddy bonesman pushes a few buttons and junior is in action. It’s all history now! Where is Eric Roth when you need him?
Omega892R09
For what its worth listening to this interview, and I am listening as I type, Wayne comes across as 100% genuine and not reading from a script.

The way he describes the test run and impressing on Rob that he was called in to help out it comes across that he was on the outside during the AP testing watching and probably making notes of the extent of movement of the flying control surfaces at various stages.

Now, and you can judge my experience level here Core, I was not an avionics engineer but had enough experience with A/C maintenance to appreciate how flying controls are checked out and the part that circuit breakers play. I have also had flights in heavy metal naval aircraft.

The F4K for example had banks of circuit breakers in the pilot's cockpit and even larger banks in the observer's (RIO in the US I think).

Not familiar with airline maintenance practice but I guess that the aircraft would be up on jacks, weight off wheels (micro-switches), and with U/C retracted (more micro-switches) and in what we called the 'rigging position' using inclinometers and special control surface rigging boards to establish that the A/C was in a datum position WRT ground. Then I would think that you would use gauges or markers to judge limits of surface movement at various stages and make records as progressing through functionals.

I was basically airframes and engines but with the F4 one had to understand the electrical system in some detail so as to be able to conduct diagnostic checks. The F4K had a rather complex engine control system with a 7th-12th stage (compressor) switchover for specific flap conditions and rapid reheat selection so that a bolter could be conducted with a chance of survival. Also into the engine/reheat/boundary-layer blow system was an interlink to the nose gear leg double extension of 40 in (20 in on other F4s). How often did I sit on a cat' with hold back on, nose leg at full extension, flaps down with blow and full A/B on both burners to check that the nose leg caption lights worked to schedule!

Those circuit breakers were something else too. We had one F4K that failed to retract the U/C after launch because the nose gear strut would not shrink, not even by emergency (pneumatic) selection. I recall being down in the maintenance hangar on Ark, and a pipe made to the effect that Phantom 007 was probably be ditching close to the ship, when the CO appeared with a brace of AEO/ALOs discussing options. One that was explored was by popping certain circuit breakers the U/C could be made to retract irrespective of the leg extension condition (more micro-switches here to prevent such a thing under normal circumstances). This all explored by studying of the electrical system diagrams in the APs (Air Publications for the aircraft) and how to isolate certain micro-switches.

This so that a diversion ashore could be made with a U/C up (belly) landing. Then I noted one draw back. I suggested that with a nose leg fully extended, if the undercarriage was retracted, nose leg up as far as it would go, then the mag' alloy nose wheels would be directly under the LOX pack. He diverted ashore and completed a text book landing with a ridged nose strut. Those stabilator tips must have been THAT close to the deck.

For the Auto Pilot to resist even circuit breakers is most informative.

Boeing must know more that they like to acknowledge. Undocumented 'need to know' wiring and power supplies, this goes right to the top and criminally so IMHO.

Yes Rob, the fact that the MSM were on the blast that BL was the culprit within hours is telling.

And sure, how many more like Wayne are there out there with information that will suddenly allow them to 'connect some dots'. I do hope that they will take precautions before letting on to too many others that they are raising a whistle to their lips.

Finally was Egyptair 990 "Real World or excercise'"? What could have been within 70-80 miles of that at the time it decided to head for the deck?

EDIT: tpyo
amazed!
Aerohead

Thanks for the great pictures out there splashing QF4s over the Gulf! Awesome!

Yes, remote controlled aircraft are old news for the USAF, and the Northwoods "rendevous over Eglin" scene might have been repeated on 11 September, as apparently 175 and 11 had their paths cross over Newburgh NY and the old Stewart AFB.
wayneanderson
QUOTE (Omega892R09 @ May 22 2010, 12:36 PM) *
The F4K for example had banks of circuit breakers in the pilot's cockpit and even larger banks in the observer's (RIO in the US I think).
I was basically airframes and engines but with the F4 one had to understand the electrical system in some detail so as to be able to conduct diagnostic checks. The F4K had a rather complex engine control system with a 7th-12th stage (compressor) switchover for specific flap conditions and rapid reheat selection so that a bolter could be conducted with a chance of survival. Also into the engine/reheat/boundary-layer blow system was an interlink to the nose gear leg double extension of 40 in (20 in on other F4s). How often did I sit on a cat' with hold back on, nose leg at full extension, flaps down with blow and full A/B on both burners to check that the nose leg caption lights worked to schedule!

Those circuit breakers were something else too. We had one F4K that failed to retract the U/C after launch because the nose gear strut would not shrink, not even by emergency (pneumatic) selection. I recall being down in the maintenance hangar on Ark, and a pipe made to the effect that Phantom 007 was probably be ditching close to the ship, when the CO appeared with a brace of AEO/ALOs discussing options. One that was explored was by popping certain circuit breakers the U/C could be made to retract irrespective of the leg extension condition (more micro-switches here to prevent such a thing under normal circumstances). This all explored by studying of the electrical system diagrams in the APs (Air Publications for the aircraft) and how to isolate certain micro-switches.

This so that a diversion ashore could be made with a U/C up (belly) landing. Then I noted one draw back. I suggested that with a nose leg fully extended, if the undercarriage was retracted, nose leg up as far as it would go, then the mag' alloy nose wheels would be directly under the LOX pack. He diverted ashore and completed a text book landing with a ridged nose strut. Those stabilator tips must have been THAT close to the deck.

==============
Very interesting to say the least. I was in the Navy as an Avionics Technician long before I entered the airline career. The reserve fighter squadron I was in transitioned from the F8 Crusader to the F4N. In the N model they removed all that mechanical controls for the nosegear extend with a guarded switch in the cockpit. So they didn't have to do all the high power AB tests on the catapult to check out the system. It was a lot more reliable also.

Wayne
wayneanderson
QUOTE (elreb @ May 20 2010, 06:30 PM) *
FOR WHAT IS WORTH HISTORY

In 1983, Chicago's Pritzker family bought Braniff International out of bankruptcy and separated the maintenance department -- including its huge hangar on Lemmon Avenue on the east side of Love Field -- from the airline.

The Pritzkers eventually sold Braniff, which later failed. They kept the old maintenance division and renamed it Dalfort Aviation. In 1993, the family sold it to Leadbetter, its longtime Dallas representative.

Leadbetter struggled to keep the Dalfort hangar consistently full of work.

Two attempts to lure aircraft manufacturers as tenants failed. Then he decided to launch a specialty airline that would contract with Dalfort to maintain its planes, and operate from a new terminal that would be built on the north end of the Dalfort hangar.

To push the notion of limited-capacity long-haul service at Love Field, Leadbetter teamed up with Allan McArtor a former FAA Administrator, Federal Express executive and Air Force pilot. Mr. McArtor was also a member of the United States Air Force precision flying team, the Thunderbirds knew Washington from the inside out.

It took him nearly four years, but McArtor successfully argued that long-haul service from Love Field in planes with 56 or fewer seats would be permissible under the Wright Amendment.

In the meantime, Leadbetter could not wait for Legend Airlines to get started and had to sell Dalfort to pay off his debt to the Pritzkers.

Yet, even as Legend prepared to launch service, it was clear that real estate values were still a key force behind the airline.

Legend announced that it had raised more than $60 million in start-up financing. Much of that money came from the Hampstead Group, a Dallas-based investment group led by Don McNamara, an adviser to Fort Worth's billionaire Bass family and sweetheart investors.

But not all of that money was invested in the airline. Some of those investors, including Hampstead, invested more than $20 million of it through a separate corporation to build a posh six-gate executive terminal attached to the Dalfort hangar, plus a 7-story, 750-space parking garage.

The Bass brothers are sons of Perry R. Bass the patriarch of a family that came to symbolize wealth and oil in Texas. Three of Mr. Bass's sons Sid, Lee and Edward — invested with their father. In 1983, a fourth son, Robert, broke away to form his own investment firm. Following in their father's footsteps, each of the four attended Yale University; Ed and George W. Bush were classmates and friends there. As Governor, Bush appointed Lee Bass as Chairman of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

Robert Muse Bass is currently the chairman of Aerion Corporation, an American aerospace firm in Reno, Nevada. Bass is worth approximately $5.5 billion as of 2007. Most recently, in 2004 he started Aerion Corp to develop supersonic corporate jets, which is the beneficiary of lucrative Federal DARPA contracts.

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is an agency of the United States Department of Defense responsible for the development of new technology for use by the military. DARPA has been responsible for funding the development of many technologies which have had a major effect on the world, including computer networking, as well as NLS "oN-Line System", which was both the first hypertext system, and an important precursor to the contemporary ubiquitous graphical user interface.

--------
There has always been one mystery about the Braniff/Dalfort history that I could never solve. There was this Astrea Aviation in the background all the time. Even employee withholding statements were Astrea Aviation: dba Braniff Airways OR Astrea Aviation: dba Braniff International OR Astrea Aviation: dba Dalfort Aviation and on and on.

The reason that I dug into this is that all the original Braniff employees retirement plan got raped by the insurance companies that supposedly owned the original Braniff to the tune the retirees got 10 cents on the dollar; ie $800.oo per month pension became $80.oo.... There were a lot of angry folks, many my friends, working at Dalfort and then some agency called PEBC [not sure exact name] came in and threatened these folks if they didn't voluntarily stop drawing their Braniff pension or resign their position at Dalfort. Geeez I felt sorry for those old guys so I spent a couple of days off at SMU Law library and some law students helped me research this situation. The result was I typed up a short report on my findings and at the end of which I encouraged the retirees to take this information to their personal attorneys before they caved in to pressures and signed something they would regret.

Management was overwhelmed when my 25 or so copies became a circulation of several hundred to a thousand. They called me on the carpet threatened termination if I didn't stop circulating the letter to which I dutifully agreed. Unknowns to them their toner and paper probably made the vast majority of the circulation and I didn't have to do anything more anyway.

But, just maybe someone here can find out who was, or who is, this elusive Astrea Aviation.

Wayne
Johnny Angel
A few years ago, I recall watching a short video on one of the 911 sites. (I cant recall the exact video)

The Point being that a passenger jet could be flown by remote controll. It was one of the early Boeing passenger jets loaded with dummys and a camera. The Jet was remotely controllled doing all type of stunts to check out how much the Jet, dummys or Human passengers could tolerate.

I would assume that this video was made by Boeing Aircraft.

Is there anyone else here that recalls seeing such a Video.??
paranoia
QUOTE (Johnny Angel @ May 29 2010, 09:40 PM) *
A few years ago, I recall watching a short video on one of the 911 sites. (I cant recall the exact video)

The Point being that a passenger jet could be flown by remote controll. It was one of the early Boeing passenger jets loaded with dummys and a camera. The Jet was remotely controllled doing all type of stunts to check out how much the Jet, dummys or Human passengers could tolerate.

I would assume that this video was made by Boeing Aircraft.

Is there anyone else here that recalls seeing such a Video.??

do u mean this one?

tnemelckram
Figures . . . . the Weather Channel . . . . in between the endless commercials, sometimes they squeeze in a few minutes of weather, or forget the weather to spew this pap to the Sheep touting how the government is being very competent and protective by developing this technology.

What's ironic is that on 911 the government used this very same thing against those who the Weather Channel tried to comfort.
Omega892R09
QUOTE (wayneanderson @ May 22 2010, 11:27 PM) *
But, just maybe someone here can find out who was, or who is, this elusive Astrea Aviation.

Wayne

Well search engine hits turn up references to

San Diego Sheriff's ASTREA aviation wing

ASTREA aviation facility in Fallbrook that will provide a presence for aircraft in the North. County to combat wildfires.

Guinn spends $3 million; Russo reports $1.1 million

Meanwhile Las Vegas Mayor Jan Laverty Jones, a late entrant in the contest for the Democratic nomination, reported she has received $758,614 and spent $527,510.

Like Guinn, Jones got some big contributions from Las Vegas gaming companies or individuals. For instance, Steve Wynn's five casinos -- the not-yet-open Bellagio, the Golden Nugget in Laughlin and the Golden Nugget, Mirage and Treasure Island in Las Vegas, each gave $10,000.

Jones reported $10,000 donations each from Jack Binion, Harrah's in Las Vegas, the Horseshoe, Lady Luck, Palace Station, SES Gaming, Station Casinos and the Tropicana.

Other $10,000 contributions to the mayor came from Astrea Aviation Services; Bryan Carney, Coast West Inc., Facilities Communications, James Gilstrap, Eric Hanson, Mark Johnson, John Larson, Los Potros Polo Farms and Paul Steelman.

And other ref's to Dallas.
Maha Mantra
I recognized those test-dummies, they are actually CIA agents with carefully developed aliases !
elreb
In 1984 NASA Dryden Flight Research Center and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) teamed-up in a unique flight experiment called the Controlled Impact Demonstration (CID), to test the impact of a Boeing 720 aircraft using standard fuel with an additive designed to suppress fire. The additive FM-9, a high molecular-weight long chain polymer, when blended with Jet-A fuel had demonstrated the capability to inhibit ignition and flame propagation of the released fuel in simulated impact tests.

On the morning of December 1, 1984, a remotely controlled Boeing 720 transport took off from Edwards Air Force Base (Edwards, California), made a left-hand departure and climbed to an altitude of 2300 feet. It then began a descent-to-landing to a specially prepared runway on the east side of Rogers Dry Lake. Final approach was along the roughly 3.8-degree glide slope. The landing gear was left retracted. Passing the decision height of 150 feet above ground level (AGL), the aircraft was slightly to the right of the desired path. Just above that decision point at which the pilot was to execute a "go-around," there appeared to be enough altitude to maneuver back to the centerline of the runway. Data acquisition systems had been activated, and the aircraft was committed to impact. It contacted the ground, left wing low. The fire and smoke took over an hour to extinguish.

This flight, called the Controlled Impact Demonstration (CID), was the culmination of more than a year of preparation in a joint research project by NASA and the FAA to test the effectiveness of anti-misting kerosene (AMK) in a so-called survivable impact. Added to typical Jet A fuel, the AMK was designed to suppress the fireball that can result from an impact in which the airstream causes spilled fuel to vaporize into a mist.

The plane was also instrumented for a variety of other impact-survivability experiments, including new seat designs, flight data recorders, galley and stowage-bin attachments, cabin fire-proof materials, and burn-resistant windows. Crash forces were measured, and a full complement of instrumented crash test dummies was carried on the flight.

The aircraft was remotely flown by NASA research pilot Fitzhugh (Fitz) Fulton from the NASA Dryden Remotely ControlledVehicle Facility. Previously, the Boeing 720 had been flown on 14 practice flights with safety pilots onboard. During the 14 flights, there were 16 hours and 22 minutes of remotely piloted vehicle control, including 10 remotely piloted takeoffs, 69 remotely piloted vehicle controlled approaches, and 13 remotely piloted vehicle landings on abort runway.

It was planned that the aircraft would land wings-level and exactly on the centerline during the CID, thus allowing the fuselage to remain intact as the wings were sliced open by eight posts cemented into the runway. The Boeing 720 landed askew and caused a cabin fire when burning fuel was able to enter the fuselage.

It was not exactly the impact that was hoped for, but research from the CID program yielded new data on impact survivability which helped establish new FAA rules regarding fire prevention and retardant materials. Although proponents argued that AMK prevented a hotter, more catastrophic fire during the CID, FAA requirements for the additive were put on the back burner.
elreb
Wow…

In 1984 they could remotely takeoff, fly and land a large commercial airliner.

The fully fueled craft only burned for one hour, mostly on the exterior.

The craft still existed; landing gears, engines, test dummies and flight data recorders.

Hum…

Download complete report http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntr..._1988000639.pdf

The 720 is about the same size as a 757
elreb
This is really smoking gun material.

FAA owned = tail N23, joint project between FAA, NASA and Edwards AFB.

The 720 was “solely flown by remote control by one man” = retired Air Force pilot Lt. Colonel Fritz Fulton Jr.

Compared to the Pentagon crash, this report states that the impact scenario was difficult due to a gear up landing and ground effects but did state that it was survivable.

One of the three state of the art “Flight Data Recorders” on this craft was a solid state memory FDR provided by Lear Siegler.

(Yes, the same William Lear of Lear Jet) In 2001 this company was was wholly-owned by “The Carlyle Group”.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.