Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Mysteries Of Life, Death
Pilots For 9/11 Truth Forum > General > Lobby
albertchampion
this is a digression.

i just concluded a telecon with my sister. she called to tell me that a wonderful long-term friend in the best of health had succumbed to a massive coronary today.

i have so many wonderful memories of jim and his affection for anti-fascist politics, creole/cajun cooking, and xydeco music.

when his wife, with a lovely voice and courage, decided to become a jazz chanteuse late in life, i felt honored to help her select her songs.

i find it an odd feeling to be somewhat dead yet still alive, and for someone alive to now be dead.

prayers now for the dead and the living.
Tamborine man
QUOTE (albertchampion @ Feb 17 2011, 04:32 AM) *
this is a digression.

i just concluded a telecon with my sister. she called to tell me that a wonderful long-term friend in the best of health had succumbed to a massive coronary today.

i have so many wonderful memories of jim and his affection for anti-fascist politics, creole/cajun cooking, and xydeco music.

when his wife, with a lovely voice and courage, decided to become a jazz chanteuse late in life, i felt honored to help her select her songs.

i find it an odd feeling to be somewhat dead yet still alive, and for someone alive to now be dead.

prayers now for the dead and the living.

Albert, the good news (at least for most of us) is, that Life goes on after the 'death' of the physical body.

The human personality represented by the human body consist of 3 factors namely, the psychic, the astral

and the physical brain.

The psychic brain is the seat, or source of Thought and Will, and also of conscious action that again is guided

by Thought and Will.

The astral brain is the human automatic retention that mechanically accumulates all impressions received

during the earthly life of a human being, until it is given an occasion to reproduce that which it has received

exactly as recorded, with no additions whatsoever.

The physical brain is the receiver and communicator, and as such is apparently the only factor in the human

personality that, being an organ, is easily subjected to scientific investigation by humans. But since the other

two factors cannot be subjected to such material investigation as can the physical one, humankind has hitherto

been unable to recognize these two non-visible but highly important factors - so important, because very many

aspects of human personality are and can only be explained and understood through their existence.

Therefore it is only the physical part of the body that, under normal circumstances, experiences f. ex. disintegration,

decomposition and decay. The two other factors lives on carrying the personality to a higher dimension.

Thus we will all see our loved ones again; our family members, friends and others we are drawn to meet again for

whatever reason.

You can find much more information in the "Life after death" thread down at the bottom, and yet more information

should definitely turn up in weeks and hopefully months to come!

Cheers
elreb
You are only dead when you are forgotten.
lunk
i think that the "i" within all of us is the same "i".
That "i" during a lifetime grows a brain, which spawns a mind.
The mind is an extension of that original "i".
It is that "i" which is the same in all of us, by definition, that is in essence, each of us.
Like a center of gravity, the "i" exists, but has no volume.
It is the central point that a mind develops around.
Some say that the "i" is a creation or fabrication of the mind, and in a way that is the same as a center of gravity to a planet, or something.
But i am real. My mind is a creation of that "i", though it may only be temporary, my, "i" existed long before i developed a brain and mind of my own...

Our many minds may differ, but our "i" lives on, singularly, forever. Each of our minds and experiences belong to the same "i" in each of us. But existence makes it necessary, that our minds remain separate, during our existence.

This is my own idea, that i concluded, from experiences of my own, and others.
There is nothing to fear, if you can get passed fear, itself.
Tamborine man
QUOTE (elreb @ Feb 18 2011, 12:59 AM) *
You are only dead when you are forgotten.

- and what human being of sound mind, who have become acquainted

with an elreb or an Albert, or any other member of Pilots for Truth, will

ever "forget" all these dear people!!

memories are indestructible.

No power exist in the universe strong enough to erase them.

Our memories will live forever.

It is because of our memories we all continue to evolve,

and not, as some may think, in spite of these.

Cheers
lunk
i think that the experiences and complete existence of everyone is stored someplace forever. i heard of a place called the akashic library, where the memories of all the past are accumulated. Some claim to be able to consciously enter into this "place" and scroll through any past event, as it happened. Perhaps sometimes we visit this place in our dreams, and experience our self through another persona, waking up only to think it a dream.

i don't think a computer can ever "achieve" consciousness through "processing power". The "i" must be there first, and the computer is lacking that quintessential, central "i".

i think our experiences, thoughts and actions are never lost, but are more like a book, full of words, paragraphs, chapters, with a story, in a time-line.
...but who is the writer?
nature, nurture, or not sure?
elreb
Brother tam,

My dear and most respected friend,

This is no longer “Lobby”

Perhaps “Lunk” can take us to your department because I would like to talk more…
albertchampion
ah, so many mysteries.

my dad used to always marvel at how i saw things so differently than he, or his friends, did. in the last years of his life, he used to introduce me as his father. which always took strangers by surprise since i was so obviously much younger.

the chambered nautilus has so many rooms. curving in upon themselves?

from being robust a year ago, for virtually all of my life, the last year has been an adventure in infirmities. so suddenly arrive the harbingers of mortality. i am so pleased with my self that i guessed that it might happen this way that i did all that i wanted to do when i was younger, having no physical impairments. no disease other than the slow unwinding of life itself.

i had hoped to return to chilean patagonia for a last dose of the cosmic giggle that is flyfishing for big brown trout in the rio niregauo, but the arthritis in my hands is informing me that may be unlikely. damn, but i am tickled that i did all that when i pioneered that fishery in 1989-1991.

my employees[all long term] laugh at me as i continue to play with, collect my little collection of automobiles. even though my arthritis now prevents me from doing much of the work. all i can do is diagnose and aim others to do what once i could have/would have done.

i have always enjoyed driving at speed. now, even slow speed is painful with this hand arthritis.

and i really want to meet the assholes who designed medicine bottles that i cannot open without using a pair of pliers.

i am closing with this bit of a metronome...listening to the rhythms of a group known as DEAD CAN DANCE. if you don't know them, you might want to.

slanz
Tamborine man
Hi Albert,

have just been listening to "toward the within".

Celtic tribal music at its best.

Shall listen to some more with my 'peace pipe' lit up!

Arthritis! .......Alas! Alas!

Cheers .......in spite of ....
elreb
BarryWilliamsmb
Wow fellows! Mind bending sounds.

Muchas gracias.
albertchampion
sometimes a little bit more than celtic tribal music. sometimes some middle eastern "keening". sometimes some african celebration chants. the percussion work is outstanding.

my favorite album is a 2 cd set entitled WAKE. it is a collection of their best. there are parts of it that recall tim buckley.

and run with enya, to be sure. but they go way beyond both.

personally, i think it to have been some of the best overlooked music of that era.

i listen to them under the influence of a good pinot noir.
maturin42
From zero to fan in two posts and a listen.
Thanks, Albert!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.