Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Secret Panel Can Put Americans On "kill List'
Pilots For 9/11 Truth Forum > General > Latest News
rob balsamo
By Mark Hosenball

WASHINGTON | Wed Oct 5, 2011 7:59pm EDT

(Reuters) - American militants like Anwar al-Awlaki are placed on a kill or capture list by a secretive panel of senior government officials, which then informs the president of its decisions, according to officials.

There is no public record of the operations or decisions of the panel, which is a subset of the White House's National Security Council, several current and former officials said. Neither is there any law establishing its existence or setting out the rules by which it is supposed to operate.

The panel was behind the decision to add Awlaki, a U.S.-born militant preacher with alleged al Qaeda connections, to the target list. He was killed by a CIA drone strike in Yemen late last month.

The role of the president in ordering or ratifying a decision to target a citizen is fuzzy. White House spokesman Tommy Vietor declined to discuss anything about the process.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/05/...E79475C20111005
GroundPounder
so much for due process...
amazed!
This is rather old news, but yes it's true--Obama loves the neocon notion of Unitary Executive.

He is a criminal Uncle Tom.
carlos furlong
QUOTE (amazed! @ Oct 7 2011, 07:53 AM) *
This is rather old news, but yes it's true--Obama loves the neocon notion of Unitary Executive.

He is a criminal Uncle Tom.
you got that right,this is and has been since ronny reagun was elected by ignorrant ,uninformed voters of amerika,the most evil,corrupt,murderous,insane system of gov. that has ever existed!!!!that said,folks the revolution has begun (occupy wallstreet),our time is here&before it is too late,please join in any protest near you&when the the washington&wallstreet protests grow in numbers,spread the word&get your butts on the streets because this will be a long&hard job to totally change this evil/corrupt/murderous system we live under,while it destroys the only planet we live on for money,power&greed!!!!! ho ka hey/it is a good time to live
Omega892R09
QUOTE (carlos furlong @ Oct 5 2011, 11:45 AM) *
you got that right,this is and has been since ronny reagun was elected

I prefer Rony Raygun. That STARWARs (SDI) was the biggest pile of his horse's droppings you ever did see, supported by the crazies like Edward Teller - a clever fellow who in his later years was wrong about just about everything. The military-industrial complex just could not pass up the chance to keep their dinners piled high and their taxes low whilst encouraging a first strike from the Soviets rather than defending against one. Real Dr Strangeloves about in the mould of Lyman Lemnitzer.

As for L Paul Bremer and Iraq then 'Imperial Life in the Emerald City: Inside Iraq's Green Zone' is worth a look. After all the longer a conflict goes on the more money those at the top of the contractors make - and we know about some of those.
panthercat
QUOTE (GroundPounder @ Oct 5 2011, 07:48 AM) *
so much for due process...

Just like the supreme court ruling that congress can ignore the Constitution whenever they feel like. Ask them about an Article V Convention and they'll go comatose on you. Our government is spinning out of control.
http://foavc.org/
Omega892R09
QUOTE (panthercat @ Oct 6 2011, 08:20 PM) *
Our government is spinning out of control.

Don't worry, I'll come over with some redcoats and sort it out. wink.gif

Sorry, but that message informing us that we cannot view Colbert Reports from UK really grates. sad.gif
amazed!
Omega

That's the first I've heard about Colbert viewing from the UK.

How is that done, and how is it enforced?
painter
QUOTE (amazed! @ Oct 10 2011, 06:37 AM) *
Omega

That's the first I've heard about Colbert viewing from the UK.

How is that done, and how is it enforced?

filters have been invented. the servers recognize the ip's poo and are scripted to dsr from select regions -- or all regions outside the us, for example.
amazed!
Thanks, painter.

Orwell was prescient.
Geezer1776
QUOTE (amazed! @ Oct 11 2011, 10:44 AM)

Orwell was prescient.

Aye, Orwell was indeed prescient; unfortunately, he was also an optimist. He thought Big Brother would trouble himself to produce “love” in his citizenry.

Here, we have a nameless, faceless “committee” (aka star chamber) whose job it is, in part, to determine which of our citizens is to die next because it has been “determined” that he/she is a “terrorist.”

Note that this “determination” does not require indictment, far less trial and conviction, under what used to be the rule of law in this once-great country. Comes now Ray Kurtzweil to assure us, in his book, The Singularity Is Near, that the human/machine distinction/interface will rapidly blur out of existence in this century. Presumably this means that “determinations” can be made at the speed of light and implemented by unmanned, missile-armed drones capable of execution on the basis of facial-recognition routines (not perfect of course, but, hell, when it comes to “terrorists”, the end justifies the means – just kill ‘em all and let God sort ‘em out).

Meanwhile, the masses weave the Facebook fandango while groping for the TV remote and fumbling for that damn bag of popcorn.

God help us! http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/style_i...icons/icon5.gif
Tamborine man
QUOTE (Geezer1776 @ Oct 14 2011, 06:06 AM) *
QUOTE (amazed! @ Oct 11 2011, 10:44 AM)

Orwell was prescient.

Aye, Orwell was indeed prescient; unfortunately, he was also an optimist. He thought Big Brother would trouble himself to produce "love" in his citizenry.

Here, we have a nameless, faceless "committee" (aka star chamber) whose job it is, in part, to determine which of our citizens is to die next because it has been "determined" that he/she is a "terrorist."

Note that this "determination" does not require indictment, far less trial and conviction, under what used to be the rule of law in this once-great country. Comes now Ray Kurtzweil to assure us, in his book, The Singularity Is Near, that the human/machine distinction/interface will rapidly blur out of existence in this century. Presumably this means that "determinations" can be made at the speed of light and implemented by unmanned, missile-armed drones capable of execution on the basis of facial-recognition routines (not perfect of course, but, hell, when it comes to "terrorists", the end justifies the means – just kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out).

Meanwhile, the masses weave the Facebook fandango while groping for the TV remote and fumbling for that damn bag of popcorn.

God help us! http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/style_i...icons/icon5.gif

Hi Geezer,

it appears that you are talking about the "living dead"!!

Good to see that you speak from amongst the "living".

Welcome back, and

Cheers
Maha Mantra
I don't know, I'm all for secret government death-squads with modern technology. It makes me feel safer as a taxpayer.

Modern day serfdom.

So do our 'green pills' fall out of the sky from chemtrails, to make us go along with this ?
Or is corporate middle-management training sufficient ?

Catch 22. Fear of losing the job from which you must pay your taxes. When corporations under foundations rule the world. You will be rewarded for your services. Train well.
elreb
QUOTE (Maha Mantra @ Oct 24 2011, 12:44 PM) *
I'm all for secret government death-squads with modern technology. It makes me feel safer as a taxpayer.

The US federal Navy has stated in “their commercials”; they will start wars on “All” innocent countries like Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya until they learn to behave.

Just recently, the DOD discovered that the “US Federal government” had made war on America and as a result, has determined to eliminate all Americans with incomes below $50,000 a year.

In a weekend interview, Dick Cheney had stated that the Pentagon needs to target women and children first, as interim level parasites and water-boarding is the desired tool.

Cheney went on to state, “We need more Numb- skulls” and America is full of them!

Note:I apologies in advance to all inbred hog-boy “Redneck”, tobacco chewing…trailer trash…if I offend you…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.